Directions: Review the following conflicts that set the tone for their ages. Briefly describe the main characters and the central conflict. Then identify the main characters, conflict, time, place, issues, and impact.
Arrange the 12 conflicts into chronological order.
Identify the conflict that preceded each item listed below. 1. Led to the first Communist state in history
2. Prevented the creation of the Universal Monarchy
3. Began the Protestant split from Roman Catholicism
4. Successfully dethroned the English monarchy
5. Challenged Church doctrine on the operation of the universe.
6. Created the unified German state
7. Established Prussian dominance in the German scene
8. Led to the break-up of the Left-Center coalition in WWII
9. Attempted to solve a problem of aggression with appeasement
10. Began the rise of the British empire and the decline of Spain
11. Created a conflict between two visions of peace, a conflict between an idealist and a cynic
12. Crated a clash between the Old Order and the new wave of nationalism destined to dominate modern times