Swann v. Charlotte-Mecklenburg Board of Education.
Green v. County School Board of New Kent County.
Plessy v. Ferguson.
42. The philosophy of civil disobedience suggests that there is value to
protesting against laws that are not enforced by civil authorities.
peacefully violating the law.
violating all laws with respect to civility.
protesting in a legal manner, with respect for civil authority.
using violence when laws are not conducive to civil society.
43. The _____ Amendment made clear that no state may deny the right to vote on the basis of sex.
44. The Supreme Court first found a “right to privacy” in the ________ case.
45. The Supreme Court has argued that the right to privacy can be found in ______ of the provisions in the Bill of Rights.
the Founders’ explanations
Thomas Jefferson’s view
46. The Supreme Court’s decision in Casey was notable because
it was the first unanimous decision of the Court in an abortion case.
the Court struck down a parental consent requirement.
the Court struck down a twenty-four-hour waiting period for abortions.
Republican appointees struck down numerous restrictions on abortion in the states.
Republican appointees joined in an opinion that refused to overturn Roe.
47. The Supreme Court ruled in the Bakke case that
explicit numerical quotas are illegal.
busing is a legitimate tool to achieve racial balance.
race should be taken into account when quotas are used.
affirmative action programs are unlawful.
affirmative action plans cannot include firings.
48. In a 2003 case involving admissions practices at the University of Michigan law school, the Supreme Court upheld a policy that used race as a
49. The Lawrence decision brought immediate focus to the topic of
adoption by gay couples.
gays in the military.
gay rights in the area of employment.
gay rights parades.
50. In a 5–4 decision, the Supreme Court upheld the right of the _____________ to exclude gay men and boys from membership.
Chamber of Commerce
Boy Scouts of America
AP Wrap-Up Test
Answer Section MULTIPLE CHOICE 1. C