32. Judges have ordered Massachusetts to change the way it hires firefighters, even though the state does not receive aid from the federal government for fire fighting. Such an order is referred to as a
condition of aid.
quid pro quo order.
pro bono requirement.
per curiam order.
33. The Republican effort to pass on to the states many federal functions is known as
34. According to Madison, the branch of government to be most feared because of its inherent power is:
the presidential offices.
35. Madison argues that the separation of powers can only be maintained if:
each branch of government is kept entirely separate from coordinate branches.
each branch has no power.
a strong presidency exists.
an alert citizenry checks government.
the powers of the three branches of the government overlap.
36. A central premise of James Madison in numbers 47, 48, and 51 of The Federalist is that:
men are not angels and therefore those who exercise political power must be limited.
b and c
a and b
37. From its creation, the Constitution was perceived as the document that sought to:
make the president dominant over Congress.
reserve extensive powers to the states.
strike a delicate balance between governmental power and individual liberty.
a and b
all of the above
38. Which of the following statements is incorrect?
There is genuine controversy over how the Constitution should be read.
The framers’ intent is clear with regard to most constitutional provisions.
The Constitution has been interpreted in various ways over the years.
The Constitution is a framework, not a blueprint.
The Constitution is our fundamental body of laws.
AP Chapters 2 & 3 Quiz
Answer Section MULTIPLE CHOICE 1. C