Objective: Read a fiction/nonfiction biology book; write a brief summary and critique.
1. Correct spelling and punctuation
2. Correct definitions of biological terms
3. Correct sentence structure
1. Choose a book related to biology to read. You can select a book from the suggested books listed below or choose a book not on the list with the approval of your biology teacher.
2. Type a brief paper that includes the following:
Cover page that includes: Name, Period, title of book chosen and Author (10 points)
1- 2 paragraph introduction and summary (10 pts)
3 paragraphs each containing one opinion of yours, supported by at least one quote, that discusses a particular biological concept presented in the book. Discuss the specifics defining five appropriate biological terms for each opinion. (Cite properly). (70pts)
1 paragraph conclusion about whether you would recommend the book and why. (10pts)
3. Five points are deducted for every day late (including over the break!).
Project is due DECEMBER 22nd (or before).
SUGGESTED BOOK LIST:
* means Ms. Emhof owns in her library FICTION:
Demon in the Freezer-Richard Preston* The Hot Zone – Richard Preston*
Jurassic Park - Michael Creighton*Prey-Michael Crighton