* Remaining airgroups (maximum of two) perform airstrikes; survivors are placed in Mission Competed box.
* 8 Each player may fire 1 battery of artillery/rockets; firing unit is then suppressed.
* If attacker HAS engineers, remove Minefield and suppress one unit of engineers.
* If attacker has NO engineers, roll a number of dice equal to the number of armoured units (tanks/armoured cars) in the attacking force; each ‘1’ rolled destroys one armoured unit (attacker’s choice).
* If a player wishes to use Anti-tank missiles, announce (attacker first) how many are to be fired, and then resolve.
Step 2: Calculate NET Combat Dice Bonus (maximum of ‘+5’).
Step3: Roll Combat Dice, select highest and add on NET Combat Dice Bonus (if appropriate); determine the ‘difference’ (attacker’s total minus defender’s total).
Step 4:Consult the Adjustment Table (for shift on Final Result Table).
Step 5: Consult the Final Results Table.
If the Final Result is ‘Combat Continues’, then the attacker has the option to retreat (go to RETREAT) or to destroy one attacking unit. Then the defender has the option to retreat (go to RETREAT) or to destroy on defending unit. If both sides still have units in the Combat region, then return to Step 1 of Combat Resolution.
Remove all losses, turn all suppressed units face-up, and resolve retreats.
* A retreating attacker always retreats back to the ‘Attacker’s Region’.
* A defending force which cannot retreat is destroyed.