1. What was the Japanese Zero’s objective on December 7, 1941?
To destroy the American fleet at Pearl Harbor.
2. What is RADAR commonly used for today?
It is used to tracking 10 million flights around the world and 5 billion passengers around the world every year.
3. Who first developed RADAR & in what year?
The RADAR was first developed by the British as early as 1935.
4. What time was Pearl Harbor attacked by Japan on December 7, 1941?
At 7:50 A.M. the Japanese attack Pearl Harbor.
5. List the losses taken by America at Pearl Harbor:
a. Ships: All 8 battleships.
b. Men: 2,403 killed
6. What were some of the tactical advantages of the Army’s new JEEP?
It was tough, fast, and low to the ground. Its low profile makes it tough for enemies to get it in their sights. It’s small, but can fit 7 people. It has a machine gun, shovel, extra gas on it. It also can be flipped back over in case it got tipped over.
8. Why was working in a bullet factory so dangerous?
Just combing your hair is dangerous, static electricity and gunpowder equals explosion. The detonators can explode on impact and are extremely unstable. The factory is a giant bomb that is full of explosives and it only takes a spark to make them blow up.
9. What were some of the problems high altitude pilots experience while flying in B-17 Bombers?