“What is Exemplification”(skim and take notes) 191-206
“The Peter Principle,” Laurence J. Peter and
Raymond Hull 207-213
“English Is a Crazy Language,” Richard Lederer (handout)
1. Weekly Notebook
a. Classroom/Patterns notes
b. Daily writing
c. Response Journal: No summary, for all Patterns essays, focus on “what is said and how it is said,”one page or more.
d. Question Journal: Answer one question of your choice under Comprehension, Purpose and Audience, Style and Structure, and Vocabulary Projects for one essay per week(4 items in all).
2. Essay #5: Exemplification
3. Vocabulary: literary and rhetorical terms
4. AP Test practice
5. Peer editing/ Prewriting for Essay # 5
6. Essay worksheet: Group work
7. Strunk and White: Unit 2
8. In-class writing exercises: poetry and short story analysis