3. Costs nothing and the Irish can do it themselves.
4. This is not a modest plan:
(1) This should horrify readers and give objections (2) The speaker makes observations that are horrifying, not comfortable
5. Satire: Irish landlords: Destroying the poor tenants with high prices; ENG & IRE Protestants: Most Protestants were really contemptuous of Catholics that they would be glad to see numbers dwindle. The earlier proposals of Irish Protestants living abroad could have helped relief if they had received enough support.
6. Logical: Child-raising issues and expenses; Illogical: Irish parents would be willing to sell their babies to be eaten and there is no moral obligation to this cannibalistic practice.
Classwork 7: Swift uses the metaphors of “consumption.” 5-6 sentence analytical paragraph on how Swift uses language that suggests “devouring”. Explain why he uses such a metaphor to discuss ENG/Irish relationships.