131.4(5)Continuing education renewal standards. The following standards apply to renewal through continuing education:
a. An applicant shall sign and submit an Affirmative Renewal of Certification Application provided by the department and submit the applicable fee within 90 days prior to the certificate’s expiration date.
b. An applicant shall complete the continuing education requirements, including current course completion in CPR, during the certification period for the following emergency medical care provider levels:
(1) EMR, FR, FR-D—12 hours of approved continuing education.
(2) EMT, EMT-A, EMT-B, EMT-D—24 hours of approved continuing education.
(3) AEMT, EMT-I—36 hours of approved continuing education.
(4) EMT-P—48 hours of approved continuing education.
(5) PS, paramedic—60 hours of approved continuing education.
(6) EMS-I—Attend at least one EMS-I workshop sponsored by the department.
(7) CCP—8 hours of approved CCP core curriculum topics.
g. The certificate holder must notify the department within 30 days of a change in address.
h. The certificate holder shall maintain a file containing documentation of CEHs accrued during each certification period for four years from the end of each certification period.
i. A group of individual certificate holders will be audited for each certification period. Certificate holders to be audited will be chosen in a random manner or at the discretion of the bureau of EMS. Falsifying reports or failure to comply with the audit request may result in formal disciplinary action. Certificate holders who are audited will be required to submit an Audit Report Form provided by the department within 45 days of the request. If audited, the certificate holders must provide the following information:
(1) Date of program.
(2) Program sponsor number.
(3) Title of program.
(4) Number of approved hours.
(5) Appropriate supervisor signatures if clinical or practical evaluator hours are claimed.
j. An EMS instructor who teaches EMS initial or continuing education courses may use those courses for renewal as approved under subrule 131.4(6).