The Emergence of Modern China
2. What were some of the accomplishments of the Nationalist People’s Party in the early 1900’s?
3. Why did the Nationalists have trouble holding on to power once they got it?
4. How did Chiang Kai-shek turn around the Nationalist party and become president?
5. What did the Communists want for China and why?
6. Describe in your own words the sequence of events leading up to The Long March:
7. What was The Long March like? How many people left on this march? How many survived?
8. Who became the leader of the Communists in Yan’an?
9. Why were the Nationalists and the Communists forced to temporarily unite in the 1930’s and 40’s?
10. What is the main reason the Communists were able to take control of China after the Second Sino-Japanese War?