92. Conservative Democrats who helped Ronald Reagan to pass his budget and tax-cutting legislation were called
93. Ronald Reagan's supply side economic advisers assured him that the combination of budgetary discipline and tax reduction would do all of the following except
94. Which of these is NOT a true statement about yuppies?
95. To President Reagan, "the focus of evil in the modern world" was
96. For the Soviet Union's new policies of Glasnost (openness) and Perestroika (restructuring) to work, it was essential that the
97. The Iran-Contra Affair essentially involved
98. In his second term, President Reagan departed from the militantly anti-Soviet stance of his first term by
99. Members of the religious right
100. As one consequence of the demise of the Soviet Union
Compare and contrast the first two years of the New Deal with the later New Deal after 1934. Account for the differences.
How did World War II affect the role of the national government in American life, the relationship between government and the economy, and minority groups in America?
Why were so many Americans anxious about the economic future of the nation at the conclusion of World War II? Why did these fears prove groundless?
What explains the widespread affluence of the 1950s? What was the specific impact of television on American values and lifestyles?
How did television affect American religion, sports, and politics in the 1950s?
Explain why the civil rights movement became more radical and violent as the 1960s progressed. What changes occurred in the motives, assumptions, and leadership of the movement?
What do you think lay at the root of the Watergate scandal? Who was responsible? Explain why it ballooned into a national crisis.