2. In the warfare that raged between the Indians and the American military, the
3. The Indians battled whites for all the following reasons except to
4. Match each Indian chief below with his tribe.
5. As a result of the defeat of Captain William Fetterman's command,
6. The Plains Indians were finally forced to surrender
7. The Nez Percì Indians of Idaho were goaded into war when
8. The buffalo were nearly exterminated
9. A Century of Dishonor (1881), which chronicled the dismal history of Indian-white relations, was authored by
10. The humanitarians who wanted to treat the Indians kindly
11. To assimilate Indians into American society, the Dawes Act did all of the following except
12. The United States government's outlawing of the Indian Sun (Ghost) Dance in 1890 resulted in the
13. The Dawes Severalty Act was designed to promote Indian
14. Arrange the following events in chronological order: (A) Dawes Severalty Act is passed; (B) Oklahoma land rush takes place; (C) Indians are granted full citizenship; (D) Congress restores the tribal basis of Indian life.