Name ____________________ Period __________ Date ___________
Webquest of Africa’s Geography
1. Sahara is the _________________ desert in the world.
It receives less than _____ inches of rain each year.
- The Sahara covers a _______ of the African continent- an area the size of the
Location: What borders the Sahara to the west, north, east and south?
2. Climate of Sahara
During the day, the temperature can reach ____________________________.
- The Sahara receives __________ of rain per year.
- The __________________ makes it a desert.
- What is an oasis?
3. The majority of people living in the Sahara are ______________________, which means these people __________ from region to region in search of better living conditions.
4. What are the names of at least 3 animals found in the Sahara?
* Describe and illustrate them on your construction paper.
Location The Sahel is a narrow band of ________________________ land _____________ of the Sahara
People Both _____________________ and ____________________________, the Sahel has attracted a diverse population.
Some are _______________________________________ moving with seasonal flooding of the Niger. Others are ____________________________________.
* How have people along the Sahel caused it to shrink?
For nine months of the year, the Sahel is __________________________.
_____________________ comes with the rainy season, but is quickly consumed by __________________________________
________________________ or _______________________________________________________________.
*** Sahel ranks as the _______________________ place on earth. Temperatures stay between _________ and __________ year round.
Animals Pick 2 of the featured animals of the Sahel. Describe and illustrate them on your construction paper.
Location: What countries that are listed in our standard SS7G1 are covered with African savannas?
Climate: The African savanna are covered in ___________________ and _____________.
The temperature is between _______ and ________ all year.
** In the winter, the savanna might get __________ inches of rain each month.
In the ___________, ________ summer it is possible for no rain to fall.
Today, the plains boast a wide range of cultures, from Maasai _____________________, to Kikuyu ___________________, and Dorobo _______________________.
Sporadic d______________, _________________ and __________________________ are tiring the land out.
The savanna is where people go on a ______________________ to see wild animals in Africa.
On this page are pictures and descriptions of various animals found in the African savanna. Pick 3 and describe and illustrate them on your construction paper.
The Tropical Rain forest
Location In the space provided, sketch a small map of Africa and identify where the tropical rain forest is located.
In the rain forest, it may rain as much as ___________ inches a year!
- The air is ______________ and the temperature is always __________________.
- List and describe the 4 layers of the rain forest.
African forest people tend to be _________________ than those from the savanna.
- Their small stature allows them to move around the forest easier than __________ people.
- These groups are ________________, moving to new parts of the _______________ several times each year.
- They carry all of their things on their ______________.
- The women do the _____________________ with baskets on their backs.
- Men concentrate on __________________ and collecting ____________________.
- Why is the nomadic lifestyle good for the rain forest environment?
Why are many animals of the rain forest endangered species?
On your construction paper: Describe and illustrate 3 other animals found in the rain forest.
1. The Atlas Mountains are the most ___________________ of Africa’s mountains.
2. What 3 African countries do they stretch across?
1. What 3 countries does the Kalahari Desert stretch across?
2. What do people that live in the Kalahari do for a living?
1. Lake Tanganyika is found in the hills of the _______________________________________________.
2. It lies in what 4 African countries?
1. This is the ______________________ lake in Africa
2. It is the main reservoir of the ____________ River.
3. Lake Victoria is known for its abundance of ___________.
The Atlas Mountains provide a route between the __________________ and the ____________________ Desert.
G_______ grows throughout the Kalahari in the ________________ season.
G________________ and a_______________ are possible in certain areas.
Africa Geography Quiz!
Africa Geography Map Games- play any of the Africa geography map games
Africa geography puzzle