|The Boston Massacre and Paul Revere
The picture above was an engraving made by Paul Revere in 1770. Answer the following questions using the picture above and your knowledge of the Boston Massacre.
What advantages do the British soldiers have, according to this picture? Contrast the depiction of the British soldiers to the depiction of the colonists.
Look at the details of the picture and describe the message the author is sending out about the British soldiers. What is Revere’s purpose in creating this engraving?
What does this picture indicate about the situation for the colonists?
Do you think Revere’s engraving is accurate and reliable? Why or why not?
How would this picture contribute to the growing support of the colonists that are resisting the British?
The Above picture is another depiction of the Boston Massacre. Answer the following questions using the picture and your knowledge of the colonies at this time.
1. Do the British soldiers have an advantage in this depiction? What advantages do the colonists have?
2. Contrast the depiction of the British soldiers to the depiction of the colonists.
3. What does this picture indicate about the situation of the British Soldiers?
4. Do you think this picture is accurate and reliable? Why or Why not?
5. Compare and contrast this picture with Paul Revere’s engraving.