Review Causes of the Civil War Quiz Name: ________________________________
1. What term has the following definition: “The belief that the United States had the right to control the continent form ocean to ocean”?
2, Name four causes of the Civil War:
3. What area of land was purchased from Mexico for US$15 million in 1853?
4. Name two main products produced in the Southern states:
5. What type of economy did the Northern states have? ___________________________
6. Name two PUSH factors that encouraged the immigrants to leave to the USA.
7. Name two PULL factors that encouraged the immigrants to come to the USA.
8. Who wanted to abolish slavery? ____________________________________
9. What system did these people establish to help move slaves to safety?
10. Most work in the Southern states was done on ________________________________
11. In the Southern states most of the work was done by ___________________________
12. Which war included the Battle of the Alamo?
13. The products of the Southern states were mostly __________________ materials.
14. To which region of the United States did most of the new immigrants go?
15. Most factoriesin the Northern states were in ________________________________
16. In the Northern states most of the work was done by ___________________________
17. The products of the Northern states were mostly __________________ goods.
18. What two groupswere demanding rights before the Civil War?
19. Name two rights demanded by each group: