Star Trek: a call To Duty



Download 279.61 Kb.
Page1/3
Date conversion25.04.2016
Size279.61 Kb.
  1   2   3
Star Trek: A Call To Duty

U.S.S. Quirinus
The Last Quirinus Story
Two

Arc Title: The Last Quirinus Story

Mission Number: 299

Creator: Michael Jones

Ship Manager: Michael Jones

Stardate: 10410.11



Previously …



Following the incident in Trillis City, the crew was caught up in what has come to be called a reality storm.
Already low on supplies (having only the clothes on their back and what they took from Janus), the crew found themselves in a dire situation. Stumbling upon an old wooden building called the “Tavern at the End of Times” soon alleviated this situation.
The Tavern appears to be some sort of mysterious convergence formed in the event of a “reality storm.” Reality storms are apparently caused by cataclysmic events at some point in the history of the Universe, and they sweep through all time periods, causing certain folk to “slip between the cracks of reality.” Of course, nothing can be truly lost in the Universe, so those who are caught up in the reality storm usually arrive at this Tavern, where they are to sit out the storm, and when it’s over, return to their respective worlds and times.
To pass the time the various peoples who have arrived at the Tavern have begun telling stories about themselves, about their lives, or ones they’ve heard. The Quirinus crew is now relating such a story …

Dramatis Personae



Keith LaHue is Commander Ben Pangborn / T.O.B.O.P – Executive Officer of the Quirinus, the Human Pangborn has been through a lot in his life time, but has recently come to terms with the tragedies of his past, and is now working to step forward in life. To help him on this Journey is his current love interest, Quirinus CTO, Lieutenant Cherry.
Tobop is renowned for his leadership and ruthlessness, most likely why he is first mate to the infamous Su Lek. Tobop first came into galactic knowledge for his handling of the Riders of the Storm, a group of cutthroats who had been causing dissention and chaos within the great "Confederation of 150 Worlds or So." The Riders of a Storm, led by the insane Thorne, were easily taken down by Tobop's craftiness. Legends will be spoken of that event for years to come. His charisma woos many a heart, but he seems only interested in his shipmate Red.
Jeffrey Brown is Lieutenant Commander Kraight / Blue – Chief Science Officer and Second Officer of the Quirinus, the Benzite Kraight may appear to less of a threat than expected, but his intelligence, cleverness, and wit have proven himself time and again to the Quirinus crew … and the foes they face.
The creature known as Blue is essentially a living, breathing, super-frog. With the knowledge of a thousand worlds crammed into his cranium, he often swings around from the mast of the Quirinus, peering out into the depths of space with his keen eye for anything dangerous to the wooden craft he calls home. The lonely Blue awaits the day when he can be joined in swinging by some fair maiden of the galactic seas. For now, he is content with a good mystery and a plate of Swedish meatballs.
Jane Rowley is Lieutenant Cherry / Red – Chief Tactical Officer of the Quirinus, the human / Betazoid hybrid has come off as a distracted (mostly by clothing), opinionated, and flirtatious character whom not many may take seriously. That is their mistake. Cherry is a determined Starfleet Officer whose friendship with OPS Morgan is one of the many dedications she has onboard the Quirinus.
The gorgeous women known as Red was nearly tossed off the Quirinus upon her first outing with the intrepid explorers (and trouble-makers). Mostly because she proved to be too great a distraction for the male (and on occasion, female) crew. However, Tobop managed to convince Su Lek that her looks weren't the only think worthwhile to keep around, and as such she has since stayed. Often used to entice and calm any threats to the Quirinus, it is rumored the fair maiden Red has hypnotic powers to keep the ship's enemies in check. Certainly her personality and heart is enough to draw any man in. She often serves as a diplomat in many encounters, and a pair of ears should anyone want to pour out their heart.
Cathy Campos is Lieutenant JG. Jade Morgan / The Oracle – Operations Manager of the Quirinus, the quiet Minaran has come to be a valued member of the Quirinus crew, having proven this with all the responses of the crew when she was feared to be dying. Now, Morgan has been blessed (or cursed?) with an amazing new gift: to see the auras of people, and as well as their pasts, presents, or futures.
The mysterious woman known only as "the Oracle" has never shown her face to the crew of the Quirinus, or anyone else for that matter. Her head nearly entirely covered by a hood only reveals a pair of ruby lips that often utter truths that no one wants to hear, or warnings of dangers to come. Her abilities predict many things for the crew, and often do not allow any secrets to be kept onboard. It is both a damning and useful gift.
Edward Selgas is Lieutenant JG. David Telarus / Dave, the Builder – Chief Engineering Officer of the Quirinus, the human Telarus has revealed himself to be a clever and creative force onboard the ship. Often giving ideas and plans to help the crew through their endeavors, Telarus is a fountain of ideas. His relationship with the ship’s Doctor, Harriet Munro, was abruptly ended recently by her choice. Telarus’ subsequent beating given by the enigmatic Nero has not made his life any easier.
Known throughout the Confederation of 150 Worlds or So for his imagination and creativity, the Builder A.K.A. Dave single-handedly built the wooden / metal craft known as the Quirinus. He knows every in and out, every nut and bolt, every screw and splinter onboard. His mind is always bursting with new ideas, and he can usually be found in the bowls of the vessel, creating one gadget or another. So much so that he cannot seem to be distracted by anyone, even the ship's Doctor whom for a time he had a fling with.
Erryn Pollock is Ensign Lance Wolverton / The Big Bad Wolf – Tactical Officer of the Quirinus, the human Wolvington has proven himself quite capable in battle. The atypical paranoid security officer, Wolvington still has a lot to learn … and is doing so with the recent beginning of his relationship with engineer Erin Eisenhower.
The Creature known as the Wolf serves as the Quirinus' guardian. Fierce and crafty in his fighting, he is a threat that most enemies of the intrepid Quirinus quake in fear at the sight of. Once a normal soldier of the great Confederation of 150 Worlds or So, the Big Bad Wolf was bitten by some alien or another (no one really ever bothers to remember these things) and became something more. He has since joined the Quirinus in their frolic amongst the stars.
Serena Sheridan is Princess Sheridan - The question has often been raised - Is Princess Sheridan really a Princess? Does the Confederation of 150 Worlds or So really have Princesses? If so, why wasn't there a memo sent out? And if most look like this one, where can you get in line to acquire one? Princess Sheridan brings a respectability to the otherwise abysmal Quirinus ... allowing the vessel to get out of tight spots for no other reason than the fact she dresses fancy, wearing nice jewelry, and can frighten trouble-makers with the rising of her voice. There were rumors of a fling between her and one of the crew ... but really, what stock should one take in rumors?
Host Storyteller_Mikey says:

=/\==/\==/\==/\==/\= RESUME MISSION =/\==/\==/\==/\==/\=
Host Storyteller_Mikey says:

ACTION: The reality storm continues to rage outside as more and more people have appeared in the Tavern. A break has been taken in the Q crew' story as a group of Rigellian children have now joined the audience.
CTO_Lt_Cherry says:

::sitting by the fire::


CEO_Lt_Telarus says:

::sitting at a table in a corner of the tavern::


EO_Ltjg_Eisenhower says:

:: happily munches on what seems to be an apple as she sees a group of children moving closer ::


CSO_LtCmdr_Kraight says:

:: finds a mug of Movellan grog has appeared in front of him, and takes a sip ::


Host Storyteller_Mikey says:

ACTION: The exhausted Commander Pangborn gently snores as he leans against Lt. Cherry by the fire.
EO_Ltjg_Eisenhower says:

:: motions to Neet to come over to her ::


Host Storyteller_Mikey says:

::Squeaks and hops onto the EO's lap::
OPS_Morgan says:

::tips a sip from her glass::


CEO_Lt_Telarus says:

::gets up and walks over to the CSO:: CSO: Feeling better, sir?


CTO_Lt_Cherry says:

:::puts an arm around Pangborn::


Host Storyteller_Mikey says:

::Steps over:: CSO: Sorry to interrupt Commander ... ::Nods to the CEO:: ... Lt. ... but there seems to be something happening on the other side of the tavern that we should maybe take interest in?
EO_Ltjg_Eisenhower says:

Neet: Look at all the children. Think they might like to meet you?


Host Storyteller_Mikey says:

::Nervously eyes the children::
CEO_Lt_Telarus says:

::looks around the tavern to see how many have arrived within the time they have been telling their stories and sees how relaxed the crew seems and how they have all deserved this::


CTO_Lt_Cherry says:

::notices Beldaur approach Kraight but can't hear what he's saying::


CSO_LtCmdr_Kraight says:

:: nods to Telarus :: CPO: What would that be?


OPS_Morgan says:

::is feeling quite sleepy now that she is warm and dry::


Host Storyteller_Mikey says:

ACTION: A sort of half man, half goat creature trots by the CEO, huffing in acknowledgement at him.
CTO_Lt_Cherry says:

::sees the creature passing Telarus and wonders if its Pan::


CEO_Lt_Telarus says:

::notices the CPO's comment and looks in the direction of interest nods back at the half goat creature::


EO_Ltjg_Eisenhower says:

:: leans forward and smiles at the children :: Children: Children, this is my friend Neet. Would you like to pet him? :: whispers to Neet :: Neet: Please let them.


Host Storyteller_Mikey says:

CSO: The ... creature that was sent to replace ... Ensign Grainger ::looks pained:: it's here.
Host Storyteller_Mikey says:

::Reaaaally looks nervous, but doesn't move::
CTO_Lt_Cherry says:

::notices Eisenhower surrounded by children and smiles::


OPS_Morgan says:

::looks up as the strange man walks by::


CSO_LtCmdr_Kraight says:

:: surprised :: CPO: Oh, indeed? :: gets up :: Take me to... him.


EO_Ltjg_Eisenhower says:

Neet: Hold out your hand to the children.


Host Storyteller_Mikey says:

::Holds out his paw::
Host Storyteller_Mikey says:

::Leads the CSO through the crowds of aliens and folk who are happily eating, sleeping and talking::
CEO_Lt_Telarus says:

::follows the CPO and the CSO::


OPS_Morgan says:

::catches a glowing aura of sorts for just a brief instant and straightens, staring into the direction the CSO is heading::


EO_Ltjg_Eisenhower says:

Children: See, he wishes to greet each of you. That is our custom. Please shake his hand, but be gentle please.


CTO_Lt_Cherry says:

::notices Jade's alertness, then the CEO following the CSO::


CSO_LtCmdr_Kraight says:

:: follows Beldaur ::


CTO_Lt_Cherry says:

::would get up and see what is going on but doesn't want to disturb Ben::


OPS_Morgan says:

::stands up and begins to slowly follow the two, watching carefully from a distance::


Host Storyteller_Mikey says:

ACTION: The CSO 'n co. see a group standing at a distance from a corner, as they approach, they see the Creature. It's rank smell stands out amongst the warm smells of cooked goods that they have grown accustomed to in the tavern.
CEO_Lt_Telarus says:

CPO: Chief, what's going here?


Host Storyteller_Mikey says:

ACTION: Cmdr. Pangborn murmurs something in his dream about "... beware the dominating leprechauns ... they'll destroy us all ..."
CSO_LtCmdr_Kraight says:

:: approaches the creature carefully, showing two empty hands ::


OPS_Morgan says:

::as she approaches she wrinkles her nose in distaste as a rather unpleasant odor assails her nostrils::


Host Storyteller_Mikey says:

ACTION: The group move apart as the people approach. The figure is lurched over, its muck covered claws digging into the ground ... the whites of it's eyes can barely be seen through the horribly dirty long mane of hair, the pupils cannot be seen.
CEO_Lt_Telarus says:

::notices Morgan and whispers directly in her ear:: OPS: I would be careful to keep some distance that and not show any sign of disgust, last thing we need is a fight.


OPS_Morgan says:

::stays back and watches the CSO warily for a second before turning her attention to the creature. Taking a deep, cleansing breath (through her mouth, of course) she focuses upon the bedraggled creature in front of them.::


CSO_LtCmdr_Kraight says:

:: squats in front of the creature :: Creature: Hello. I am called Kraight. Can you speak?


EO_Ltjg_Eisenhower says:

:: smiles as each of the children shake Neet's hand ::


Host Storyteller_Mikey says:

::Squeaks at the children::
Host Storyteller_Mikey says:

ACTION: The Creature utters a low guttural growl at the blue figure before it.
CTO_Lt_Cherry says:

::notices Neet getting fussed over::


OPS_Morgan says:

CEO: Thanks for your sage advice.


EO_Ltjg_Eisenhower says:

Children: That means hello, nice to meet you all.


Host Storyteller_Mikey says:

::Steps over:: CSO: Be careful Mr. Kraight, whoever this is, they have been quite aggressive since it's arrival.
OPS_Morgan says:

::returns her concentration to the creature, trying to "see" into it.::


Host Storyteller_Mikey says:

CSO: Three have been bitten and injured.
CSO_LtCmdr_Kraight says:

:: smiles :: Creature: I know. This must seem all very strange to you. I'm a little frightened, myself.


CSO_LtCmdr_Kraight says:

Marley: Thank you for the warning, sir.


CEO_Lt_Telarus says:

Marley: I think we should be able to respond, but thanks for the heads up.


CSO_LtCmdr_Kraight says:

:: over his shoulder, not taking his eyes off the creature :: OPS: Jade... see if you can find me a piece of bread or the like, would you, please?


Host Storyteller_Mikey says:

::Nods at them, and then stops by the CEO:: CEO: I noticed you holding your side briefly earlier, have you been grievously injured recently?
CSO_LtCmdr_Kraight says:

CEO: We will take no hostile action, Mr. Telarus.


CSO_LtCmdr_Kraight says:

Creature: Do you understand me?


CEO_Lt_Telarus says:

Marley: Somewhat, I am still recovering, you got anything to help me out?


EO_Ltjg_Eisenhower says:

:: watches as the children chatter amongst themselves ::


CTO_Lt_Cherry says:

::yawns and snuggles up to Ben::


OPS_Morgan says:

::blinks a bit as she comes out of her reverie:: CSO: Aye, Sir. ::turns to the nearest table and smilingly procures a roll from the diners seated there::


Host Storyteller_Mikey says:

CEO: I have a friend who is a healer. I shall have her attend to you when she has a moment.
EO_Ltjg_Eisenhower says:

:: whispers to Neet :: Neet: I think they all like you.


Host Storyteller_Mikey says:

ACTION: Ben mumbles to Cherry "... please don't leave me ..."
CEO_Lt_Telarus says:

Marley: Any help at all whatever it might be will be greatly appreciated.


CTO_Lt_Cherry says:

::smiles and squeezes Ben's shoulder gently::


OPS_Morgan says:

::turns around slowly and walks up to the CSO:: CSO: Put your hand out behind you, Sir.


CSO_LtCmdr_Kraight says:

:: slowly places his right hand behind his back, palm up ::


Host Storyteller_Mikey says:

ACTION: There is a roar, and the Creature becomes a blur ... there is a slash, and the CSO screams in pain ... three claw scratches appear on his face as the Creature bounds over the crew and into the crowd ...
OPS_Morgan says:

::drops back as the creature bound past::


EO_Ltjg_Eisenhower says:

:: turns at the screams and stands up ::


Host Storyteller_Mikey says:

::Turns as the Creature attacks::
CSO_LtCmdr_Kraight says:

:: holds his hand to his injured face... shouts :: All: Let it go! Take no action!


CTO_Lt_Cherry says:

::hears the roar and scream. Looks to Ben to see if it woke him up. Apparently not::


CEO_Lt_Telarus says:

::turns around and goes for a tackle against the creature hurting himself somewhat in the process::


Host Storyteller_Mikey says:

ACTION: Many cry out as the Creature bounds across the tables, hurling plates left and right, food flies in the air.
OPS_Morgan says:

::drops the roll and grabs a clean napkin::


CEO_Lt_Telarus says:

::couldn't stop as he lunged as the CSO gave the order::


Host Storyteller_Mikey says:

::Catches the CEO whose injuries seem to have caught up to him::
CSO_LtCmdr_Kraight says:

CEO: Stand down, Mr. Telarus!


CTO_Lt_Cherry says:

::remains seated watching the creature::


Host Storyteller_Mikey says:

ACTION: The Creature disappears into the depths of the Tavern.
OPS_Morgan says:

::hands it to the CSO:: CSO: are you okay?


EO_Ltjg_Eisenhower says:

:: hangs onto Neet then turns to the children :: Children: Stay close.


CEO_Lt_Telarus says:

::grabs his abdomen:: CSO: Sorry sir, I lunged as you gave the order.


Host Storyteller_Mikey says:

::Hackles go up::
CSO_LtCmdr_Kraight says:

OPS: Thank you... just scratches, I think. It seemed more frightened than aggressive.


Host Storyteller_Mikey says:

CSO: Are you all right, Mr. Kraight?
CTO_Lt_Cherry says:

::whispers:: XO: I'll be right back. ::slowly untangles herself and gets up::


CSO_LtCmdr_Kraight says:

Marley: Ask your healer to attend Mr. Telarus first, and then I should like to see her as well.


OPS_Morgan says:

::nods and gathering her courage, walks towards the area where the creature ran to::


CTO_Lt_Cherry says:

::moves over to Eisenhower and the children:: EO and Kids: Wow. Wasn't that exciting? ::smiles::


CSO_LtCmdr_Kraight says:

:: calmly :: CEO: No hostile action means no hostile action, Mr. Telarus. I expect you to keep that foremost in mind in the future.


Host Storyteller_Mikey says:

CSO: I'll see if I can get some anti-septic and bandages for your face, that Creature did not look clean in the least way. You could get an infection.
CEO_Lt_Telarus says:

CSO: Again, I apologize sir I reacted only after the hostile action, I meant none prior to the attack.


CSO_LtCmdr_Kraight says:

Marley: You are most kind, sir.


CSO_LtCmdr_Kraight says:

:: nods :: CEO: Consider the matter closed then.


EO_Ltjg_Eisenhower says:

:: pats Neet :: Neet: Don't worry, I'll protect you and the children. :: turns to look at Cherry :: Cherry: Exciting? :: looks down at the children :: Oh sure, exciting.


OPS_Morgan says:

::pauses for a second and turns, takes a deep breath and walks over to the CSO::


CEO_Lt_Telarus says:

::nods at the CSO as he still holds his side::


CTO_Lt_Cherry says:

::winks at Eisenhower:: Kids: I bet there will be more stories soon. ::sits down amongst them::


OPS_Morgan says:

CSO: Sir....may I? ::gestures to his scratches::


Host Storyteller_Mikey says:

::Steps over:: CSO: Do not be too hard on the lad, he seemed to only want to protect his friends. ::Walks off::
CSO_LtCmdr_Kraight says:

:: takes his hand away from the wounds :: OPS: Of course.


EO_Ltjg_Eisenhower says:

:: leans over :: CTO: Where did it go?


CEO_Lt_Telarus says:

All: With these cracks in reality I wish a med kit would slip by.


OPS_Morgan says:

::reaches out a gentle hand and places it over his scratches::


CTO_Lt_Cherry says:

::whispers:: EO: I'm not sure. Nowhere nearby now, but I'll stick close in case it comes back this way.


OPS_Morgan says:

::closes her eyes::


EO_Ltjg_Eisenhower says:

:: grins :: CTO: You do that Cherry.


Host Storyteller_Mikey says:

ACTION: The scratches fade away from the CSO as OPS feels similar pain in her face as she absorbs the injuries.
OPS_Morgan says:

::eyes tear up slightly::


OPS_Morgan says:

::takes a deep breath and steps away::


CSO_LtCmdr_Kraight says:

OPS: Aw, Jade... you didn't have to do that. I know how much it takes out of you.


CEO_Lt_Telarus says:

OPS: You ok?


OPS_Morgan says:

::nods wearily::


Host XO_Cmdr_Pangborn says:

::murmurs in his sleep::
CSO_LtCmdr_Kraight says:

:: puts his arm around Jade :: OPS: You have a rare and generous soul, Jade. Thank you.


OPS_Morgan says:

::smiles tiredly::


Host XO_Cmdr_Pangborn says:

::begins to wake up rubbing his face on Cherry’s blouse as if to wipe the sleep from his eyes:: Cherry: Where are we? ::yawns::
Host Storyteller_Mikey says:

TIME WARP: Some time passes, the pain fades from OPS, a healer is now tending to the CEO, her tendrils moving across his mid-section and somehow repairing his partially healed internal injuries ... the XO and co. have been brought up to date, and the Creature is still hidden. They are gathered around the fireplace again.
CEO_Lt_Telarus says:

::sits close to the fireplace next to Harriet::


CTO_Lt_Cherry says:

::sipping a glass of mulled wine::


OPS_Morgan says:

::looks up from her glass, even more sleepy than she had been before::


Host XO_Cmdr_Pangborn says:

::stretches out lazily::
EO_Ltjg_Eisenhower says:

:: leaning against the stone of the fireplace, she watches as Neet plays with a small child ::


Host Storyteller_Mikey says:

ACTION: The audience begins to gather again ... they await for the story to resume ... as the Captain has taken a brief leave to walk around and think, the eyes fall on the Commander to resume ...
EO_Ltjg_Eisenhower says:

CTO: Look at Neet, Cherry, he's having fun.


Host XO_Cmdr_Pangborn says:

::looks confused for a moment, then understands and takes a sip of water::
CTO_Lt_Cherry says:

::looks at Neet and smiles::


CEO_Lt_Telarus says:

::looks back over at Harriet's face and how her hair covers her eyes as she sleeps::


CTO_Lt_Cherry says:

::smiles at Ben as he prepares to begin::

  1   2   3


The database is protected by copyright ©essaydocs.org 2016
send message

    Main page