http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/universe/ 1) Cosmology is the study of ________________________________________.
http://www.esa.int/esaKIDSen/SEMSZ5WJD1E_OurUniverse_0.html 2) What is The Big Bang Theory? And don’t say “A TV show on CBS.”?
3) The Big Bang happened about ________________________ years ago.
4) _______________, _________________, and ________________ all began with the Big Bang.
5) What happened following the Big Bang to allow protons and neutrons to come together to form atoms and eventually atoms to come together to form different elements? __________________________________________________________________________________
http://burro.astr.cwru.edu/stu/advanced/cosmos_bigbang.html 6) The first evidence for the Big Bang Theory was when Edwin Hubble in __________ discovered that everything in the universe is ______________________________________________.
7) There are 4 main pieces of evidence that support The Big Bang Theory:
a) Evidence that the universe is ____________________________.
b) ______________ __________________ _________________ radiation from the “first light” that was released once the universe reached _____________________ years old.
c) The amount of different ___________________ in the universe is almost exactly as what The Big Bang predicts.
d) Finally, the Big Bang Theory is the only explanation that explains why our universe looks the way it does today!
The Formation of the Solar System
http://www.nhm.ac.uk/print-version/?p=/nature-online/space/planets-solar-system/formation/index.html 8) Our Solar System formed about _____________________ years ago.
9) Stars and planets form in a huge cloud of dust and gas called a ______________________.
10) The dust and gas that formed our Solar System may have come from a _________________, or exploding star.
11) Use the following websites to diagram the steps that led to the formation of the Solar System. http://www.windows2universe.org/our_solar_system/formation.html&edu=mid Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhy1fucSRQI Formation of the Sun (star): http://lasp.colorado.edu/education/outerplanets/solsys_star.php Formation of planets: http://lasp.colorado.edu/education/outerplanets/solsys_planets.php C. EXPLAIN why Earth is habitable. Your answer must include information about