|Name __________________________________________________________ Knierim
Eng 2 PAP, Period _______________ Date _________________________
A Tale of Two Cities – Webquest
Use the internet to explore the French Revolution and Charles Dickens. Be sure to use reliable sources to find the answers to the questions below. Be sure to answer in complete sentences or you will not receive credit!
Part I: The Revolution
1. Where did the French Revolution begin?
2. When did the French Revolution begin and end?
3. Explain how the following helped spark the Revolution:
a. economic issues –
b. social issues –
c. other issues –
4. What is Bastille Day?
5. Why do the French still celebrate it?
6. The people of France were divided into three social classes. Name the classes and the types of people in
7. What type of government did France have before the Revolution?
8. Was there a ruler of France during the Revolution? If so, name the ruler.
9. What was the guillotine?
10. For what reason was the guillotine used?
Part II: Dickens
11. List Dickens birthdate and death date.
12. How many novels did Dickens publish?
13. When was A Tale of Two Cities published?
14. What are the “Two Cities” Dickens is referring to?
15. What was interesting about the way A Tale of Two Cities was published?
16. What are THREE themes that we might discuss and touch upon while reading A Tale of Two Cities?
Part III: Name five other interesting facts about the French Revolution or Dickens that you discovered while surfing the
Thank you to http://sll2-017-stuart.wikispaces.com/file/view/revolution+webquest.pdf for creating this webquest.