Reading Guide Chapter 5 Why is Gatsby anxious to see Nick at the beginning of the chapter?
1. Why is Gatsby anxious to see Nick at the beginning of the chapter?
Wants to know if he
will invite Daisy over for tea
2. What is Nick’s reaction to Gatsby’s offer to help him earn some money?
He tells him no—he thinks Gatsby is trying to pay
him for setting up this date
Why does Daisy say
, “Who is Tom?” when Nick invites her to come to his house for tea?
To show that she understands
that Tom is not to know
4. How does Gatsby feel before his meeting with Daisy?
He’s really nervous—makes sure Nick’s
lawn is cut and sends flowers
5. How did Daisy feel about seeing Gatsby?
was shocked and emotional
6. Describe the meeting between Gatsby and Daisy. Why was he so nervous?
At first it’s
, then they talk and get more at ease with each other. Gatsby’s been dreaming of this for five years and he’s afraid Daisy won’t
7. How long has it been since Daisy and Gatsby have seen each other?
8. How long did it take Gatsby to make the money to buy the mansion?
9. Why did Gatsby want Daisy and Nick to go to his house?
, how could Gatsby see where Daisy lived across the bay?
light at the end of her dock
11. Who is Dan Cody?
best friend who is now dead
The database is protected by copyright ©essaydocs.org 2016
meeting between gatsby