|Priprema za test Vajmarska republika 1919-1933
1.What were the main features of the Weimar Constitution?
2. Why was the Weimar Republic in danger of collapse in 1919–20?
3. ‘The Weimar Republic was a failure.’ How far do you agree with this statement? Explain your answer.
4. Describe the activities of the Freikorps, 1919–20.
5. Explain why the Weimar Republic faced severe difficulties in 1923.
6. How successfully did the Weimar Republic deal with Germany’s problems in the years
1923–8? Explain your answer.
7. Describe the events of the Spartacist rising of 1919.
8. Why was Germany facing economic disaster by 1923?
9. ‘Up to 1929 the Weimar Republic had greater success with foreign policy than with domestic issues.’ How far do you agree with this statement? Explain your answer.
10. Describe the events of the Kapp Putsch of 1920.
11. Why, in 1923, was the Weimar Republic in crisis?
12. ‘Economic success was the main achievement of the Stresemann era.’ How far do you agree with this statement? Explain your answer.
13. Describe the occupation of the Ruhr in 1923.
14. Why was there hyperinflation in Germany in 1923?
15. How far did the Weimar Republic recover and prosper after 1923? Explain your answer.
16. Why did the events of 1930–32 result in Hitler becoming Chancellor?
17. What political problems existed in Germany in the period 1918-1920?
18. How successful was the Weimar Republic in dealing with Germany’s problems by 1928?
Explain your answer.
19. The actions of von Papen and Hindenburg were the main reason why Hitler became
Chancellor.’ How far do you agree with this statement? Explain your answer.
20. ‘Hyperinflation was a disaster for Germany.’ How far do you agree with this statement?
Explain your answer.
21. Who were the Spartacists?
22. Why did many Germans hate the Treaty of Versailles?
23. ‘The effects of the Wall Street Crash provided the main reason why Hitler was able to become Chancellor of Germany by 1933.’ Do you agree with this statement? Explain your answer.
24. Describe the effects of the hyperinflation of 1923 on the lives of German people.
25. Why did France and Belgium occupy the Ruhr in 1923?
26. How far did Stresemann restore pride and prosperity to Germany? Explain your answer.
27.Describe the activities of the Freikorps in Germany, 1919–20.
28. Why were there so many uprisings and disturbances in Germany in the years 1919–22?
29. What were the provisions of the Versailles peace settlement?
30. Name the two main leaders of the Spartacists.
31. Describe the weaknesses of the Weimar Constitution.
32. Why did Hitler object to the Weimar Republic?
33. How far did Hitler use legal means to become Fuhrer? Explain your answer.
34.What powers did Article 48 of the Weimar Constitution give to the President of the Weimar Republic?
35. Why did monarchists and army officers oppose the Weimar Government?
36. Give two powers of the German President in the Weimar Constitution.
37. Why was there a threat to the Weimar government from political extremists between
1919 and 1923?
38. ‘It was American loans rather than Stresemann’s policies that enabled Germany to
recover from the disasters of 1923.’ Do you agree? Explain your answer.
39. How far did Germany achieve more in foreign affairs than in domestic affairs in the period 1923–1929? Explain your answer.
40. What powers did the President have under the Weimar Constitution?
41. Why was there resentment in the army of the Weimar Government?
42. What were reparations?
43. The hyperinflation of 1923 did more damage to the Weimar Republic than the signing of
the Treaty of Versailles.’ Do you agree? Explain your answer.
44. Why did Hitler attempt the Munich Putsch?
45. What were Hitler’s aims in attempting the Munich Putsch?
46. Why was the Munich Putsch important?
47.Describe the Nazi early years 1919-1922?
48.Describe the Nazi changes 1924-1929.