Renaissance: 1. Compare and contrast the Renaissance with the Later Middle Ages 2. To what extent is the Renaissance truly a departure from the past? 3. To what extent did Renaissance humanism affect the view of the
4. Analyze the influence of humanism on Renaissance art. Select at
least three artists and analyze at least one work for each artist.
5. Analyze the impact of patronage on Renaissance art.
6. To what extent were women impacted by the Renaissance?
New Monarchies, Exploration, and 16th Century Society: 1. Who were the “New Monarchs”? How did they go about centralizing
power in their states? To what extent were they successful?
2. What were the causes and features of the Commercial Revolution?
How did the Commercial Revolution impact European society
politically, economically, and socially between1500-1700?
3. Analyze the role that knowledge, politics and technology played in
European exploration between 1450 and 1700.
4. Compare and contrast the European “Old Imperialism” in Africa and
Asia with the European domination of the New World between 1450
5. Analyze causes for the rise of the Spanish Empire and features of
Spain’s rule in the New World
6. Analyze the impact of the Columbian Exchange on European