2. At the beginning of the movie, what is the main reason for Malcolm to go the barber shop?
3. Who “conks” Malcolm’s hair?
4. The movie shows Malcolm and Shorty having fun ---.
5. What sorts of clothes does Malcolm like to wear during the war years?
6. The railroad workers are letting something distract them from their jobs. What is it?
7. Why do the workers on the train yell at Malcolm?
8. The heavyweight championship causes huge rejoicing in Harlem because --- won the boxing match.
9. Before going to prison, Malcolm works ---.
10. Where do people get the numbers they are telling Malcolm?
11. What happened to Malcolm X’s father?
12. Malcolm works as a numbers runner in ______, a black neighborhood of New York City.
13. When Malcolm’s mother was pregnant with him, where did the family live?
14. What did Malcolm X say he wanted to be when he grew up?
15. Who told Malcolm blacks couldn’t be lawyers?
16. What job did Malcolm’s teacher suggest he do instead?
17. What sort of job did Malcolm’s father have?
18. The main political message that Malcolm’s father attempted to spread thorugh the black communities where he preached involved
19. From Malcolm’s comments about his mother, we can deduce that
20. In terms of family, Malcolm ______.
21. How did Malcolm’s mother end up very poor?
22. Malcolm’s views toward the government were likely influenced by his childhood memories of
23. What does Malcolm do to impress West Indian Archie?
24. What does West Indian Archie change about Malcolm?
25. Malcolm believed that Archie could have been a mathematical genius. His reason for thinking this was the fact that
26. What causes the argument between Malcolm and Archie?
27. To what city does Malcolm go after he escapes from Archie?
28. How does Malcolm establish his control of the crime gang he helps form?
29. When Malcolm goes to prison, it’s because he’s been convicted of ---.
30. Malcolm claims that his “real” crime, however, was ---.
31. Why does Shorty faint during sentencing?
32. Why is Malcolm put in solitary confinement?
33. Who visits Malcolm’s cell when he has troubles adjusting to prison life?
34. What is Malcolm’s nickname in prison?
35. What did Baines do with the nutmeg?
36. What is Baines’ attitude towards white people?
37. What is the main source of the ideas that Baines taught Malcolm while they were both in prison?
38. What is Baines’ attitude toward Jackie Robinson, the black baseball player hired by the Brooklyn Dodgers?
39. Which Muslim teaching reminds Malcolm of things he learned from his mother?
40. What does Baines claim about pigs?
41. What book does Malcolm devote himself to copying out in full?
42. What does Malcolm find to be the hardest part of becoming a Muslim?
43. When does Malcolm convert to Islam?
44. What does the Bible-study class demonstrate about Malcolm?
45. How does Malcolm’s hair change after he joined the Nation of Islam?
46. What was Malcolm X’s original last name?
47. Why does Malcolm adopt an X for his last name?
48. Who does Malcolm X claim to see in a vision?
49. When Malcolm gets out of prison and meets Elijah Muhammad, he is told a story about a man who had the “fences” protecting him removed, but remained faithful to God. Who is the story about?
50. The movie shows Malcolm talking to people, trying to convert them to Islam, when they leave
51. What does Betty say that Harriet Tubman did in between escorting escaped slaves North “to the promised land?”
52. How does Malcolm propose marriage to Betty?
53. Malcolm is busy planting new temples, but he takes time off for his wedding. How long is his honeymoon?
54. What does Malcolm X say about Plymouth Rock?
55. What does Malcolm X say about the seals on liquor bottles?
56. Malcolm X talked mainly about what in his speeches?
57. What disturbing news does Malcolm learn about Elijah Muhammad?
58. What reaction does Malcolm have to the disturbing revelations about Elijah Muhammad?
59. What does Baines’ son tell Malcolm he was asked to do?
60. What finally happened to Malcolm’s mother?
61. The press made claims that Malcolm X was happy when ___ was assassinated.
62. When Malcolm commented on Kennedy’s assassination, he was suspended for how many days?
63. Where does Malcolm travel in order to learn more about Islam as it is practiced by hundreds of millions of Muslims worldwide?
64. What does Malcolm tell his Arab guides that he wanted to see?
65. What is Malcolm’s comment about racism after he had gone on pilgrimage?
66. When the car-bombing plan doesn’t work out, what sort of attack on Malcolm is carried out?
67. How does Malcolm X die?
68. Malcolm X is shot by ______.
69. Who is there when Malcolm gets killed?
70. Which civil rights leader said that they would make improvements “by any means necessary?”