Chapter Six – “The Friendship” (pp. 206 – 248 ) 1. Who was Thomas Jefferson writing with in the beginning of the chapter?
2. What decision of Adams did Jefferson find “personally unkind?” Why?
3. While Thomas Jefferson was president, what was John Adams doing?
4. Who attempted to repair the friendship of TJ and JA? Were they successful?
5. Describe 2 issues Jefferson and Adams wrote about from 1812-1826 once the friendship was repaired?
6. What were the last words of Thomas Jefferson? John Adams? What does this say about them as people?
7. Select one quote from a Founding Brother Joseph Ellis includes in this chapter and explain its significance.