FINITE TRIG QUIZ
1) Solve ABC by using the measurements , , and . Round measures of sides to the nearest tenth and measures of angles to the nearest degree.
2) Solve ABC by using the measurements , , and . Round measures of sides to the nearest tenth and measures of angles to the nearest degree.
3) A 15-m long ladder rests against a wall at an angle of with the ground. How far is the foot of the ladder from the wall?
4) The upper part of a tree, broken by wind, makes an angle of 38 with the ground. The horizontal distance from the root of the tree to the point where the top of the tree meets the ground is 20 meters. Find the height of the tree before it was broken.
5) Two boys are on opposite sides of a tower. They sight the top of the tower at 33 and 24 angles of elevation respectively. If the height of the tower is 100 m, find the distance between the two boys.
6) In a tourist bus near the base of Eiffel Tower at Paris, a passenger estimates the angle of elevation to the top of the tower to be 60°. If the height of Eiffel Tower is about 984 feet, what is the distance from the bus to the base of the tower?
7) A man standing 20 m from a tower estimates the angles of elevation of the top and bottom of a flagpole on the tower as 58 and 55. Calculate the height of the flagpole.
8) An engineer estimates the angle of elevation to the top of the building to be 50°. After moving 1.5 miles further away, the angle of elevation was 40°. How high is the top of the building?
9) An engineer stands 200 feet from a tower and sights the top of the tower at a 45° angle of elevation. Find the height of the tower.
10) A kite at a height of 75 meters from the ground is attached to a string inclined at to the horizontal. Find the length of the string to the nearest meter.