|Farewell to Manzanar Chapter 5 Questions
1. What was dinner with the family like, before they went to the camp at Manzanar?
2. How was dinner in the mess hall different from before?
3. How long did it take for the mess hall’s way of living to break the family apart?
4. When did the camps close? Where did Jeanne and her family go?
5. What are two things Mama constantly worried about?
6. Who were the Maryknoll nuns and what did they do?
7. How did Jeanne feel about the nuns? How did Papa feel about them?
8. What did Papa look like when he returned to the family in 1942 (from North Dakota)?
9. How did the family react towards him upon his return?