- All the characters are similar in there names and personalities.
- Marlow finds in both stories that home isn’t the same after the experiences of their journeys.
-They both have a narrator.
-They are both in 3rd person omniscient.
-The boats both take a long deep journey past all the outposts deep into the jungle.
-The natives of the land they invade are treated unjustly and poorly.
- They both loose members of the boat crew from ambush of the locals.
- Really dark, dream sense in the way the story is presented.
- Marlow becomes mesmerized by Kurtz actions.
- Both Marlow’s were given the job of extracting Kurtz from his renegade outpost.
- Kurtz is a very high achiever in both stories.
-Kurt is godlike to the natives.
-The mission of Marlow to track down Kurtz is kept very secretive.
- Similar tone in that narration
-Both do show that when men are given power, there hearts can turn to darkness, in the “heart” of the darkness of the jungle.