1. Draw a time line of Dynasties in Chinese history. The time line could be in any format, either a table, or a chart or what else. The can try to finish the time line creatively, like on a picuture of a football field, a track field or the Monument.
2. Give the students 2 sheets of essential questions, one is about general dynasties and the other is about some specific dynasties. The students need to get to the computer to search all the answers to the questions
1)What are the inventions and contributions contributed from Ancient China?
2)Choose 3 of the dynasties, talk about the details of what happened in that dynasty and what was happening elsewhere in the world at that time.
3)Explain when and how the Great Wall was gradually built and completed.
4)What kind of "message" was Confucius trying to send?
5)Describe travel conditions along the Silk Road.
6)Which of the Chinese inventions do you think were the most important?
1) What are the dates when the dynasty ruled?
2) What parts of China did they control?
3) What dynasty came before them & how did they take over?
4) Did the dynasty have any famous figures or rulers? What made them special?
5) How did the dynasty fall & who replaced them?
6) Significant contribution #1:
7) Significant Contribution #2:
8) Significant Contribution #3:
9) Any other interesting things or events regarding the dynasty?
3. Using a virtual musical instruments software, the students learn how to sing the Dynasty Song while playing different musical instruments. They make up a class band and have their own band names, they have different tasks as they need to play the music in the piano as the main melody, the guitar as the chord, the bass and the drum. This "dynasties song," sung to the tune of "Frère Jacques," can help students remember the major Chinese dynasties in chronological order.