43. The Marshall Plan resulted in all of the following EXCEPT:
A period of intense inflation between 1946 and 1948
44. The purpose of Stalin’s Cominform group was to :
Spread communism throughout the world
45. The United States wanted German industry in the western zone to be left intact because:
Truman saw domestic political advantages in doing so
46. The creation of the Jewish state
Intensified Cold War conflicts
47. Stalin enacted a policy of intense tightening of control over subject governments in Eastern Europe following the success of Marshal_Josip_(Broz)_Tito in the freeing his country from Soviet domination.
48. The separation of Germany into two states was hastened by the yearlong blockade of Berlin starting in
49. In June 1950, North Korea invaded
50. Which of the following can be said about Nikita Khrushchev’s leadership of the Soviet Union?