|Descendants of Henry Everett
Generation No. 1
1. HENRY1 EVERETT was born 1783 in Barnwell District, South Carolina, and died 1825 in Barnwell County, South Carolina. He married CHLOE UNKNOWN.
Notes for HENRY EVERETT:
Date of birth from LDS Family Search (Familytree Maker)
Henry Everett was a Planter, died testate-Thomas was left $1, estate was left to his wife and "3" sons.
Will from Early Settlers of Allendale County, South Carolina:
http://www.rootsweb.co,/-scallend/everitt.html (Dr. Frank O. Clark)
Henry Everitt will signed 23 Mar 1825 estate probated 6 June 1825, Barnwell Probate Bndl 45 Pkg 4. Barnwell Will Book B p243, to wife Cloe, the plantation I now live on as far as the Jones Corner then straight across to the Adams corner from there to the Jacksonborough ? also one negro girl named Hannah, the land to descend to my youngest son Henry Everett. After her lifetime or widowhood the girl Hannah to be equally divided among my three sons. 2. I give to my son Wiggins Everitt a certain part of a tract of land beginning at a certain stake on to the swamp joining lands of L.W. Ayer. 3. I give to my son William Everitt the Jones tract of land & the remainder of the Miller tract of land. 4. My negro Fellow Sam be sold to pay my debts & if he does not pay them for my wife Chloe to point out such other property as she thinks best to pay them. 5. I give unto my eldest son Thomas Everitt $1. It is my will that the balance of my property if any after paying my debts be equally divided among my 3 sons Wiggins, Wm., & Hy. Everitt, & my wife Chloe to take charge of the property of the two youngest until they come of age. Ex: son Wiggins Everitt & Matthew Moye. Wit: Wm. Sexton, Ethelred Chitty. 6 June 1825. Chloe Everitt remarried before 3 Sept. 1827. 18 Oct. 1825 estate appraised, including two negroes at $875, for $1720 by Ethelred Chitty, T.F. Bamberg, Wm. Breland, Jacob hisJmark Hersh. The estate was sold 21 Nov. 1825 for $861, including Chloe Everett's purchase of one cow, but not including the negro girl. Wiggens Everett petitions to sell perishable goods & the negro girl, stating his mother has remarried 3 Sept. 1827. 24 Sept. 1827 Wiggins Everett sold his mother's share for about $570 (no total) including Hannah for $432.98.
· Four Children:
· (1) Thomas Everitt b<1825
· (2) William Everitt b<1825
· (3) Wiggins Everitt b<1825
· (4) Henry Everitt b<1825
(The following will was with one listed of Henry Everett, unable to establish connection)
William Everett d1788. Winton Will Book 1 page 37 4 Sept. 1788. I give to my son John M. Everitt one negro boy Will after my wife's widowhood also 400 acres of land on the upper side of the Horse Penn, to be possessed when he reaches 21. I give to my son Thomas Everitt one negro boy Amos, & after my wife's widowhood, my plantation whereon I now live, after the death of my wife or the marriage of all my daughters, viz: Polly, Sucky, Nancy, Salley, & Tempe. I give to my son in law William Dyess 100a lying between Chandlers land & the upper page of the Gassery Pond. I give to my loving wife Nancy Everitt my plantation & land for her natural life. Also I lend her all the rest of my personal estate for her widowhood, thereafter all my estate but that I have already given to my sons should be equally divided between my six daughters, viz: John M. Everitt I ordaine my son William Dyess & my loving wife, Nancy Everitt joint Executors. (s) Witnesses: Jacob Braziel, Jacob Knight, Thomas hisXmark Mark.
Eight Children of William Everett:
1. Thomas Everitt born <1788 probably estate of Thomas Everitt: bond Ann Everitt, Richard Dillin, Josiah Shalton. Adm. Ann Everitt Barnwell Package 12 Case 6 19/10/1803.
2. John M. Everitt born <1788
3. Elizabeth Everitt born <1788 married William Dyess
4. Polly Everitt born <1788
5. Sukey Everitt born <1788
6. Nancy Everitt born <1788
7. Sally Everitt born <1788
8. Tempe Everitt born <1788, guardianship of Tempy Everitt to John Bush & Thomas his+mark Everett, Barnwell Probate Bundle 1 package 12, 11/9/1801.
Copyright ©1997, Dr. Frank Oliver Clark.
Thomas Everett, son of William and Nancy Everett, married my ancestor, Nancy Ann Dillon (dau. of Richard Dillon of Barnwell Dist.). Thomas died in 1804, leaving his wife Ann and one small son, John Everett. Do you know anything else about this family. (Ann went on to marry John Stallings, and they moved to Pike County, MS). From Bevin Creel firstname.lastname@example.org
Children of HENRY EVERETT and CHLOE UNKNOWN are:
i. THOMAS2 EVERETT, b. Barnwell County, South Carolina.
2. ii. WIGGINS EVERETT, b. Abt. 1805, Barnwell District, South Carolina; d. March 13, 1863, Pelham, Mitchell County, Georgia.
3. iii. WILLIAM EVERETT, b. Abt. 1810, Barnwell District, South Carolina.
4. iv. HENRY EVERETT II, b. 1816, Barnwell District, South Carolina; d. August 11, 1862, Knoxville, Tennessee.
Generation No. 2
2. WIGGINS2 EVERETT (HENRY1) was born Abt. 1805 in Barnwell District, South Carolina, and died March 13, 1863 in Pelham, Mitchell County, Georgia. He married CELIA ELIZABETH LEE 1829 in Trenton, Alachua, Florida. She was born 1810 in Barnwell District, South Carolina.
Notes for WIGGINS EVERETT:
He was a Minister of the Gospel of the Mount Olive Baptist Church in Mitchell County, Georgia, near Camilla, Georgia. He was the founder of this Church. Listed in 1850 Census of Mitchell Co. Georgia, with wife Celia, and children,Thomas J., 21 Green W., 17, Jesse R.,13 and Joseph W. S. 10.
CENSUS YR: 1860 TERRITORY: GA COUNTY: Mitchell DIVISION: Camilla P.O. REEL NO: M653-131 PAGE NO: 1
REFERENCE: Enum. Date: June 4, 1860; Asst. Marshall: Jos. J. Bradford
27 111 116 Everett Wiggins 55 M Bapt 300 350 SC
28 111 116 Everett Celia 50 F SC
29 111 116 Everett Thos. J. 21 M Laborer Ga X
30 111 116 Everett Green W. 17 M Ga
31 111 116 Everett Jesse R. 13 M Ga
32 111 116 Everett Joseph W. L. 10 M
Children of WIGGINS EVERETT and CELIA LEE are:
i. THOMAS G.3 EVERETT, b. 1829; d. November 29, 1863.
5. ii. JAMES F. EVERETT, b. 1830.
6. iii. JOHN LEE EVERETT, b. August 06, 1838, Barnwell County, South Carolina; d. December 24, 1895, Alachua County, Florida.
iv. GREEN W. EVERETT, b. 1833.
7. v. WILLIAM EVERETT, b. Abt. 1834; d. December 28, 1864.
8. vi. HENRY A. EVERETT, b. Abt. 1836, Georgia; d. 1864, Mitchell County, Georgia.
9. vii. JESSE R. EVERETT, b. Abt. 1847; d. May 12, 1888.
viii. JOSEPH W. L. EVERETT, b. 1850; m. FRANCES M. UNKNOWN.
Notes for JOSEPH W. L. EVERETT:
He moved to Texas
3. WILLIAM2 EVERETT (HENRY1) was born Abt. 1810 in Barnwell District, South Carolina. He married (1) UNKNOWN 1832. He married (2) MARY UNKNOWN Abt. 1846. She was born Abt. 1827 in South Carolina.
Notes for WILLIAM EVERETT:
Information from Debbie Boswell ( email@example.com)
Also from Henry Poole, (firstname.lastname@example.org), this may be where Debbie got her info.
Child of WILLIAM EVERETT and UNKNOWN is:
10. i. SARAH3 EVERETT, b. Abt. 1833, South Carolina.
Children of WILLIAM EVERETT and MARY UNKNOWN are:
ii. JANE3 EVERETT, b. Abt. 1847.
iii. BARTLETT W. EVERETT, b. Abt. 1851.
Notes for BARTLETT W. EVERETT:
305 Deason, William, age 34, m, Farmer, b. South Carolina " , Sarah, age 34, f, b. South Carolina, illit " , Ann M., age 11, f, b. Georgia, in school Everett, Bartlett W., age 9, m, b. Georgia " , Sarah, age 26, f, Domestic, b. Georgia, illit Screws, Curtis, age 26, m, Farm labor, b. Georgia.
Morgan, Calhoun County, Georgia Census 1860 (Page 10 Hans Robson, Assistant Marshall.
4. HENRY2 EVERETT II (HENRY1) was born 1816 in Barnwell District, South Carolina, and died August 11, 1862 in Knoxville, Tennessee. He married MARY JOHNSON 1842 in Baker County, Georgia, daughter of BENJAMIN JOHNSON and MARY STEPHENS. She was born October 20, 1824 in Baker County, Georgia, and died Abt. 1910 in Dale County, Alabama.
Notes for HENRY EVERETT II:
Some Everett information is from Ronald P. Ferrar, from Family History Center, unable to locate him. Some from Henry Poole, Warner Robbins, Georgia.
He served during the Civil War first in Dixie Blues Unit of Florida, then re enlisted in Company I, 6th. Regiment Florida Infantry, in March of 1862. He died in a hospital in Knoxville, Tennessee of Typhoid Fever. (Florida Soldier List)
Listed in Census of Baker County, Georgia in 1850, with wife Mary, 23, children, William T., 6, Caroline, 4, Mary 3, Henry 10/12. Listed in Census Calhoun County, Georgia in 1860, with wife, Mary, children, Franklin, James Henry, John Stark, William Thomas, Caroline, Mary and George.
Schedule 1, Free Inhabitants in Morgan in the County of Calhoun State of
Georgia enumerated by me, on the 2nd day of June 1860. Hans T. Robson
Ass't Marshal. Post Office Morgan:
Everett, Henry, age 44, m, Farmer, b. South Carolina
" , Mary, age 34, f, b. Georgia, illit
" , William T., age 16, m, Farm labor, b. Georgia
" , Caroline, age 15, f, b. Georgia
" , Mary, age 13, f, b. Georgia
" , Henry, age 11, m, b. Georgia
" , Franklin, age 8, m, b. Georgia
" , George, age 2, m, b. Georgia
" , John age 6/12, m, b. Georgia
Notes for MARY JOHNSON:
Information of Mary and her parents from family bible of her parents.
Children of HENRY EVERETT and MARY JOHNSON are:
11. i. JOHN FRANKLIN3 EVERETT, b. February 20, 1852, Morgan, Calhoun County, Georgia; d. June 27, 1923.
ii. JAMES HENRY EVERETT, b. Abt. 1849; m. IDA UNKNOWN.
Notes for JAMES HENRY EVERETT:
James Henry moved to Texas.
12. iii. JOHN STARK EVERETT, b. February 1859, Georgia; d. October 22, 1922, Dale County, Alabama.
iv. WILLIAM THOMAS EVERETT, b. October 14, 1843, Georgia; d. June 30, 1908, Elba, Alabama; m. RACHEL CHAMBLISS, March 11, 1862, Florida; b. 1845, Dale County, Alabama.
Notes for WILLIAM THOMAS EVERETT:
William Thomas Everett stated in the 1907 Soldiers Census he was born October 14, 1843 at Concord, Baker County, Georgia; enlisted at Cerogordo, Florida March 11, 1862 as Pvt., Company I, 6th. Florida regiment; discharged due to wound August 14, 1864. (copied from information sent by Homer Jones, Coffee County, Alabama)
ELBA CLIPPER, July 3, 1908 (on front page with a picture of William T. Everett)
TREASURER EVERETT HAS PASSED AWAY, A GALLANT CONFEDERATE SOLDIER. A GOOD MAN AND ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR MEN OF COFFEE COUNTY. DIED TUESDAY NIGHT AT HOME
He had not been in strong health for several years. He is survived by his wife, who is an invalid, his mother, brothers and sisters, most of who live in Dale County. He was buried on Wednesday afternoon at Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church, Southwest of Victoria. (County Roads 228 and 236 north of New Brockton) He was born in Baker County, Georgia and at age seventeen, he moved to West Florida. At eighteen, he enlisted in the Sixth Florida Regiment. He was wounded at the Battle of Chickamauga, came home on furlough and married his wife, who was visiting in Florida, Rachel Chambless from Dale County, Alabama. He recovered and returned to the front. He was shot in the left arm and it had to be amputated in Atlanta. He returned home and lived in Pike County, Alabama for several years. He moved to Coffee County, Alabama in 1879. In 1888, he was elected Tax Collector, ran again in 1892, was re elected. In 1900, he was nominated Coffee County Treasurer, served until his death.
Mr. Everett was of the best men Coffee County had. He was a very pious man, a consistent member of the Baptist Church and a true Christian, a man that will be missed in Coffee County.
v. CAROLINE EVERETT, b. 1845, Georgia; d. August 06, 1922, Dale Co. Alabama.
13. vi. MARY EVERETT, b. 1848, Georgia; d. June 15, 1932, Bonifay, Florida.
vii. GEORGE EVERETT, b. 1858.
Notes for GEORGE EVERETT:
George Everett moved to Texas
Generation No. 3
5. JAMES F.3 EVERETT (WIGGINS2, HENRY1) was born 1830. He married SERENA FRANCIS.
Notes for JAMES F. EVERETT:
Listed in 1860 Census of Mitchell County, Georgia, James F., 30, Serena F., 30, James W. 6, S.F. 1
Children of JAMES EVERETT and SERENA FRANCIS are:
i. JAMES W.4 EVERETT, b. 1854.
ii. L. T. EVERETT, b. 1859.
6. JOHN LEE3 EVERETT (WIGGINS2, HENRY1) was born August 06, 1838 in Barnwell County, South Carolina, and died December 24, 1895 in Alachua County, Florida. He married MARY CEMENTHA FAIRCLOTH February 28, 1860 in Camilla, Mitchell County, Georgia. She was born April 01, 1844 in Camilla, Mitchell County, Florida, and died October 18, 1913 in Alachua County, Florida.
Notes for JOHN LEE EVERETT:
Listed in 1860 Census of Mitchell County, Georgia. with wife Fanny??
Children of JOHN EVERETT and MARY FAIRCLOTH are:
14. i. GREEN WIGGINS4 EVERETT, b. May 27, 1866, Madison County, Florida; d. April 1934, Donnie Gilchrist County, Florida.
15. ii. JAMES MURPHY EVERETT, b. January 07, 1861, Camilla, Mitchell County, Georgia; d. September 25, 1926, Gilchrist County, Florida.
iii. JOHN THOMAS EVERETT, b. 1869, Madison, Madison County,Florida; d. 1947; m. NORA OPHELIA SANDERS, April 09, 1891; b. 1869; d. 1930.
iv. IDA TALITHA EVERETT, b. September 25, 1875, Alachua County, Florida; d. October 10, 1954; m. THADDEUS CURTIS BRYANT, January 25, 1893, Alachua County,florida.
v. MARY ELIZABETH EVERETT, b. March 10, 1863; m. WILLIAM DAVIS, October 26, 1879, Alachua County, Florida; b. 1859, Camilla, Mitchell County, Georgia.
7. WILLIAM3 EVERETT (WIGGINS2, HENRY1) was born Abt. 1834, and died December 28, 1864. He married CHARITY ELIZABETH ROOKS, daughter of ZACHARIAH ROOKS and MARTHA MCDOUGAL. She was born Abt. 1834 in Sumter County, Georgia, and died 1898.
Notes for WILLIAM EVERETT:
William volunteered for service for the CSA on March 4, 1862. He enlisted as a Private and died from wounds received in a battle near Staunton, Virginia. Listed in 1860 census of Mitchell County, Georgia with wife.
Children of WILLIAM EVERETT and CHARITY ROOKS are:
16. i. WILLIAM (BILL) LUCIOUS4 EVERETT, b. February 12, 1860, Baker County, Georgia; d. January 23, 1941, Miller County, Georgia.
ii. REBECCA EVERETT, b. December 19, 1857.
8. HENRY A.3 EVERETT (WIGGINS2, HENRY1) was born Abt. 1836 in Georgia, and died 1864 in Mitchell County, Georgia. He married TABITHA A. UNKNOWN.
Notes for HENRY A. EVERETT:
Listed in 1860 Census of Mitchell County, Georgia, with wife, Henry A., 24 laborer, wife TA, 18, William H., 3, Fanny 2.
Children of HENRY EVERETT and TABITHA UNKNOWN are:
17. i. WILLIAM HAWKINS4 EVERETT, b. March 03, 1857, Mitchell County, Georgia; d. 1924, Gilchrist County, Florida.
ii. FANNY EVERETT, b. Aft. 1857.
9. JESSE R.3 EVERETT (WIGGINS2, HENRY1) was born Abt. 1847, and died May 12, 1888. He married MARIAN ELIZABETH MARTIN July 04, 1869 in Madison County, Florida.
Children of JESSE EVERETT and MARIAN MARTIN are:
i. ADA4 EVERETT.
18. ii. JAMES EVERETT, b. Bell, Florida; d. 1945.
iii. JOHN EVERETT.
iv. THOMAS EVERETT.
10. SARAH3 EVERETT (WILLIAM2, HENRY1) was born Abt. 1833 in South Carolina. She married WILLIAM DEASON. He was born 1826 in South Carolina.
Child of SARAH EVERETT and WILLIAM DEASON is:
i. ANN4 DEASON, b. 1849.
11. JOHN FRANKLIN3 EVERETT (HENRY2, HENRY1) was born February 20, 1852 in Morgan, Calhoun County, Georgia, and died June 27, 1923. He married LOUIZA PARAZADA BAGWELL September 06, 1877 in Newton, Dale County, Alabama, daughter of REDEN BAGWELL and RHODA CORLEY. She was born June 19, 1852 in Gwinett County, Georgia, and died February 20, 1924 in Holmes County, Florida.
Notes for JOHN FRANKLIN EVERETT:
In the 1880 census of Dale County, Alabama, this person was listed as Francis, had the same birth year as Franklin, lived next door to John Stark Everett, therefore I have "assumed", this is the same person.
The infomation of John Franklin Everett is from Franklin and Mary Everett, 1677 Highway 79, Bonifay, Florida 32925.
Notes for LOUIZA PARAZADA BAGWELL:
All the Bagwell's of southeast Alabama are descendants of Redmon R. (also as Redden) Bagwell, b. 13 Mar., 1810 in SC and died Oct., 1866 in Dale Co. He m. Rhoda Corley (1813-1898). They lived in Gwinnett Co., Ga. until the 1860's when they moved to the forks of the Choctawhatchee River and settled next to the Woodham family. They had at least 13 ch.: William R., John N. A., Larkin R. M. V., James A. J., Curtis G., Nancy, Rhoda Jane, Daniel M., Pinkston V., Louisa P., Joseph W., Baxley H. and Sarah L. The Bagwell's became close friends with the Woodham family and were buried in the Woodham Family Cemetery near Newton. The intersection of Woodham Road and Newton-Echo Road, just north of US Hwy. 231, is now known as "Bagwell's Crossroads". The family bought this land from the Woodham family.
William R. (1839-1863), John N. A. (1840-1862) and James A. J. (1843-1863) all died as soldiers in the Confederate States Army during the War for Southern Independence. Larkin R. M. V. Bagwell (1842-1905) m. Argent ? and had 11 ch., all died as infants except William Riley Bagwell (1877-1949) and Cordelia Caroline ("Delia") m. Joseph Peacock. Larkin m. (2) to Frances ? and had Daniel (1903).
Curtis G. ("Curt") Bagwell (1845-1916) m. Martha Ann Stevens in 1873 and had 11 ch., including James Wesley, John M., Mary Elizabeth ("Mollie"), William C., Daniel Frank, Pinkston V. ("Pink"), Cletus and Middleton. Curt and Martha Ann are buried at the Woodham Cemetery.
Submitted by: Robert Earl Woodham (Dale County, Families).
Children of JOHN EVERETT and LOUIZA BAGWELL are:
19. i. CAROLINE (CALLIE) MATILDA4 EVERETT, b. June 09, 1878, Bonifay Holmes County, Florida; d. July 24, 1970, Bonifay Holmes County, Florida.
20. ii. GEORGE WILLIAM EVERETT, b. August 06, 1879, Alabama; d. November 30, 1957.
21. iii. EMMA A. EVERETT, b. September 10, 1880; d. November 18, 1952, Kinard, Calhoun County Florida.
22. iv. LUCY CAMELLON EVERETT, b. September 15, 1881, Dale County, Alabama; d. Holmes County, Florida.
v. MARY EVERETT, b. September 15, 1881.
23. vi. LONNIE MARCELLUS EVERETT, b. September 28, 1887, Dale County, Alabama; d. December 27, 1972.
vii. BOBBIE CLIO EVERETT, b. March 01, 1884; d. May 31, 1949; m. UNKNOWN MCDONALD.
Notes for BOBBIE CLIO EVERETT:
Had no children.
24. viii. MARY ELIZABETH EVERETT, b. July 29, 1885; d. August 29, 1969.
25. ix. SALLY JANE EVERETT, b. March 14, 1892; d. April 17, 1959.
26. x. JOHN HENRY EVERETT, b. February 01, 1895, Holmes County, Florida; d. June 20, 1963.
12. JOHN STARK3 EVERETT (HENRY2, HENRY1) was born February 1859 in Georgia, and died October 22, 1922 in Dale County, Alabama. He married SCINIE WINDHAM. She was born April 1855 in Alabama, and died August 1924 in Dale County, Alabama.
Notes for JOHN STARK EVERETT:
John Stark lived in Dale County, Alabama. In the 1880 Dale County census, Vol. 7. ED. 64, line 50 he is listed as 22, Farm Laborer, b. Georgia, wife Siney 23, b. Alabama, Bama 1, daughter b. Alabama, Mary 57, Mother, b. Georgia. Mary's daughter, Caroline 23, Farm Laborer, b. Georgia. In 1900, 1910 and 1920, John was still living in Dale County, Alabama. Caroline Everett, his sister was still living with John and Sinnie in 1920, and was 74.
Information of date of death and place of burial from Death Certificate.
Notes for SCINIE WINDHAM:
Death date from Alabama Death Index.
Children of JOHN EVERETT and SCINIE WINDHAM are:
i. BERT4 EVERETT, m. BRYANT BRADSHAW.
27. ii. JOHN BRYANT EVERETT, SR., b. June 1881, Alabama.
28. iii. ALABAMA EVERETT, b. July 24, 1880, Dale County, Alabama; d. February 16, 1941, Dale County, Alabama.
iv. MARY JANE EVERETT, b. April 1883.
29. v. CLAUDIA EVERETT, b. August 20, 1884, Dale County, Alabama; d. September 08, 1965, Dale County, Alabama.
30. vi. WILLIAM F. EVERETT, b. June 1888, Dale Co. Alabama; d. 1963, Newton, Alabama.
31. vii. BERA EVERETT, b. February 01, 1889, Dale County, Alabama; d. March 26, 1964, Dale County, Alabama.
32. viii. MINNIE VERA EVERETT, b. October 19, 1892, Daleville, Alabama; d. October 19, 1948, Waycross, Ware County, Georgia.
33. ix. MAMIE EVERETT, b. July 09, 1895, Dale County, Alabama; d. November 18, 1971, Ozark, Alabama.
13. MARY3 EVERETT (HENRY2, HENRY1) was born 1848 in Georgia, and died June 15, 1932 in Bonifay, Florida. She married FRANK REGISTER. He was born in Florida.
Notes for MARY EVERETT:
Information from Census of 1880, Dale Co. Alabama, and from census of Henry Co., Alabama 1900. The census of 1880 is the only place I found daughter Ozari. The 1880 Census shows, son Franklin, 12 and daughter Ozari, 14. The census of 1900 Henry county, Dothan, AL. shows Mary has two living children. Mary is living with her son Joseph Franklin Register, and her age is listed as 52. Her death certificate from the State of Florida gives her husband as "Frank Register". Information is furnished by Joseph Leander Smith for the death certificate.
My endeavor to find Mary Register, my G Grandmother took me back to my childhood by way of memory lane. I remembered that in our modest home, there was a small trunk with a broken lock. The story of this trunk was told to us by our Mother. As Mary was being taken to a Mental Institution a river was passed and she threw the key to the trunk into the river. The trunk contained the personal belonging of Mary, the lock was broken to enter the trunk for these. I knew that if the story of her admission to this type hospital was true, it would be a State Hospital, since her family was not financially prepared to pay for admission to a private hospital. By writing to Bryce Mental Hospital in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, I obtained the medical records of this admission.
Medical records received from Bryce Mental Hospital, indicate that Mary was a patient there from September 2, 1908 until March 5, 1909. They also have the name of her parents, and the name of a brother, William Thomas Everett in Elba, Alabama, in a copy of a letter to him. She was discharged and sent to Dothan, Alabama to her son, Joseph Franklin Register. Five dollars was sent to the hospital for the purchase of a bus ticket from Tuscaloosa, Alabama to Dothan, Alabama. In 1920, she was living with her brother and his wife, John Franklin and Louiza Bagwell Everett. She was living with Caroline Matilda (Cassie) Everett Smith and her husband Joseph Leander Smith when she died in 1932.
March 3, 2000, a visit with Leamon Smith, age 84, a son of Cassie and Lee Smith in Bonifay, Florida, revealed that he remembers and liked "Aunt Mary". He said she would attempt to live with her sons' family, but always returned to live with the Smith family. Mary and her sons' family "did not get along". Once some relative accompanied her to the home of her son, she had an argument with a member of her sons' family, returned back to the Smith home. He related that Mary appeared of a sound mind. From the information of Leamon and the medical records, I think her son and family wanted no responsibility of Mary, and that she perhaps did not have a mental illness, but needed love.
Children of MARY EVERETT and FRANK REGISTER are:
34. i. JOSEPH FRANKLIN4 REGISTER, b. November 02, 1868, Alabama; d. August 24, 1913, Houston Co. Alabama.
ii. OZARI REGISTER, b. 1866, Florida.
Generation No. 4