|Descendants of Heinrich Kneip
Generation No. 1
1. HEINRICH1 KNEIP was born Abt. 1690. He married WILHELMINA.
Child of HEINRICH KNEIP and WILHELMINA is:
2. i. CHRISTIAN2 CANIPE, SR., b. Bet. June 15, 1728 - 1734, Rotterdam, Germany.
Generation No. 2
2. CHRISTIAN2 CANIPE, SR. (HEINRICH1 KNEIP) was born Bet. June 15, 1728 - 1734 in Rotterdam, Germany. He married (2) CHRISTINA (CANIPE).
Notes for CHRISTIAN CANIPE, SR.:
Captured in, during Baltic War sent to England becoming an indentured servant. Left
Rotterdam on ship Ranier in Spetember 1749 with 4 sons to Philidelphia, Pa. from their 1 son went to NC
Child of CHRISTIAN CANIPE and CHRISTINA (CANIPE) is:
3. i. CHRISTIAN KNIPE3 CANIPE, JR./III., b. Abt. 1800.
Generation No. 3
3. CHRISTIAN KNIPE3 CANIPE, JR./III. (CHRISTIAN2, HEINRICH1 KNEIP) was born Abt. 1800. He married POLLY (MOLLY) RHIENHARDT November 10, 1816 in Lincoln Cty, N.C., daughter of JACOB RHIENHARDT and ELEANOR CAUVEY. She was born 1795, and died 1895.
Notes for CHRISTIAN KNIPE CANIPE, JR./III.:
Sarah was the daughter of Christian Knipe III and Polly Reinhardt . Her nephew, Daniel Knipe was a messenger in Company C of the US Army's 7th Cavalry from 1872 until 1882. General George Armstrong Custer commanded the 7th Cavalry. Daniel was one of two messengers sent for help when the "Battle of the Little Bighorn" first began. Luck was with him on that infamous day.
Children of CHRISTIAN CANIPE and POLLY RHIENHARDT are:
4. i. DANIEL (DAVID "DUTCH"?)4 CANIPE, b. Abt. 1821, Lincoln Cty, N.C.; d. Abt. June 15, 1909, Lincoln Cty, N.C..
ii. SARAH CANIPE.
Generation No. 4
4. DANIEL (DAVID "DUTCH"?)4 CANIPE (CHRISTIAN KNIPE3, CHRISTIAN2, HEINRICH1 KNEIP) was born Abt. 1821 in Lincoln Cty, N.C., and died Abt. June 15, 1909 in Lincoln Cty, N.C.. He married SARAH (COTTON?) TURNER August 03, 1852 in Maybe August 03, 1852 - Cleveland County - (Sarah White). She was born Abt. 1821 in Cleveland County, and died Abt. June 15, 1908 in Lincoln Cty, N.C..
Notes for DANIEL (DAVID "DUTCH"?) CANIPE:
1838 Indian Removal
North Carolina Regiment
David Canipe Company G Rutherford County
NORTH CAROLINA VOLUNTEERS
PARTICIPATING IN THE INDIAN REMOVAL
7 APRIL 1838
GENERAL WINFIELD SCOTT INFORMED HIS SUPERIORS:
I SHALL PROBABLY CALL FOR THE FOLLOWING DETACHMENTS OF
MILITIA TO RENDEZVOUS AT THE PLACES MENTIONED, TWO
REGIMENTS OF 1840 GEORGIANS TO RENDEZVOUS AT NEW
ECHOTA, ONE REGIMENT OF 740 ALABAMIANS TO RENDEZVOUS
AT BELFONT, ONE REGIMENT OF 740 NORTH CAROLINIANS TO
RENDEZVOUS AT FRANKLIN, NC, ONE REGIMENT OF 740
TENNESSEANS TO RENDEZVOUS AT ROSS LANDING. 3700
TROOPS PLUS 2200 REGULARS. SUBSISTENCE FOR THE
FOREGOING TROOPS AT THE PLACES MENTIONED, WILL BE
REQUIRED FOR AT LEAST 90 DAYS, COMMENCING ABOUT THE
MIDDLE OF MAY.
3 MAY 1838
GOVERNOR OF NORTH CAROLINA
THE ADJUTANT GENERAL HAS THIS MORNING REPORTED TO THE
DEPARTMENT, THAT THE REGIMENT OF DETACHED MILITIA FOR
THE SERVICE OF THE UNITED STATES IS COMPOSED OF ALL
VOLUNTEERS, AS FOLLOWS, FROM RUTHERFORD THREE
COMPANIES, WILKES, TWO, YANCEY, ONE, BURKE, THREE, AND
BUNCOMBE ONE. YOU WILL LEARN BY MY LETTER OF THE 28TH
THAT A COMPANY HAS ALREADY BEEN RECEIVED BY COL.
LINDSAY, AND A COMPANY HAS BEEN OFFERED FROM ASHE,
FROM WHENCE NONE WAS ASKED OR ORDERED. COL. LINDSAY
WAS POSTIVE IN HIS EXCEPTION TO RECEIVING TROOPS FROM
COUNTIES CONTIQUOUS TO THE CHEROKEE DISTRICT.
CONSEQUENTLY THE ORDER WAS PLACED TO THE NEXT
ADJOINING AND MOST CONVENIENT COUNTIES TO REDUCE THE
DISTANCE OF MARCH.
IN THE END NORTH CAROLINA FURNISHED THIRTEEN VOLUNTEER
COMPANIES COMPOSED OF APPROXIMATELY 824 MEN AND
David Canipe Civil War
Enlist age: 42
Enlist Date: 11/19/63
Enlist Place: Wake County, NC
More About DANIEL (DAVID "DUTCH"?) CANIPE:
Military service: 1838, Indian Removal?/Civil War
Child of DANIEL CANIPE and SARAH TURNER is:
5. i. JOHN FRANKLIN5 CANIPE, b. September 05, 1848, Lincoln Cty, N.C.; d. August 04, 1930, Catawba Cty, N.C..
Generation No. 5
5. JOHN FRANKLIN5 CANIPE (DANIEL (DAVID "DUTCH"?)4, CHRISTIAN KNIPE3, CHRISTIAN2, HEINRICH1 KNEIP) was born September 05, 1848 in Lincoln Cty, N.C., and died August 04, 1930 in Catawba Cty, N.C.. He married THEODOSIA EUNICE NORWOOD, daughter of WILLIAM NORWOOD and LAVINIA WILSON. She was born September 26, 1858 in Lincoln Cty, N.C., and died March 17, 1924 in Catawba Cty, N.C..
More About JOHN FRANKLIN CANIPE:
Burial: Maiden Cemetary
Military service: Possibly served in Civil War as a boy
Child of JOHN CANIPE and THEODOSIA NORWOOD is:
6. i. EFFIE MAE6 CANIPE, b. May 23, 1883, Lincoln Cty, N.C.; d. December 10, 1965, Newton, N.C..
Generation No. 6
6. EFFIE MAE6 CANIPE (JOHN FRANKLIN5, DANIEL (DAVID "DUTCH"?)4, CHRISTIAN KNIPE3, CHRISTIAN2, HEINRICH1 KNEIP) was born May 23, 1883 in Lincoln Cty, N.C., and died December 10, 1965 in Newton, N.C.. She married NOAH ALLEN TRAVIS July 01, 1900 in Newton, N.C., son of JOHN (TRAVIS) and RHODA DEAL. He was born September 19, 1874 in Newton, N.C., and died May 23, 1953 in Newton, N.C..
Notes for EFFIE MAE CANIPE:
Mother to 19 children, the 18th of which was Effie Charlotte Travis, mother of Charlene Cranford Robinson.
Child of EFFIE CANIPE and NOAH TRAVIS is:
7. i. EFFIE CHARLOTTE7 TRAVIS, b. February 09, 1924, Newton, N.C..
Generation No. 7
7. EFFIE CHARLOTTE7 TRAVIS (EFFIE MAE6 CANIPE, JOHN FRANKLIN5, DANIEL (DAVID "DUTCH"?)4, CHRISTIAN KNIPE3, CHRISTIAN2, HEINRICH1 KNEIP) was born February 09, 1924 in Newton, N.C.. She married RALPH LOCKEE CRANFORD March 29, 1947 in Newton, N.C., son of GEORGE CRANFORD and OKALONA SHUFFLER. He was born July 17, 1926 in Burke Cty, N.C., and died April 16, 1998 in Catawba Cty, N.C..
Notes for RALPH LOCKEE CRANFORD:
Birth Date: 17 Jul 1926
Death Date: 16 Apr 1998
Social Security Number: 245-32-9469
State or Territory Where Number Was Issued: North Carolina
Death Residence Localities
ZIP Code: 28658
Child of EFFIE TRAVIS and RALPH CRANFORD is:
8. i. EFFIE CHARLENE8 CRANFORD, b. September 03, 1949, Newton, N.C..
Generation No. 8
8. EFFIE CHARLENE8 CRANFORD (EFFIE CHARLOTTE7 TRAVIS, EFFIE MAE6 CANIPE, JOHN FRANKLIN5, DANIEL (DAVID "DUTCH"?)4, CHRISTIAN KNIPE3, CHRISTIAN2, HEINRICH1 KNEIP) was born September 03, 1949 in Newton, N.C.. She married JOHN HARLAN ROBINSON February 04, 1973 in Silver Bells Wedding Chapel, Las Vegas, Nev., son of JOHN ROBINSON and VIRGINIA LOCKMAN. He was born March 26, 1949 in Newton, N.C..
Child of EFFIE CRANFORD and JOHN ROBINSON is:
9. i. BARRY MATHEW9 ROBINSON, b. March 20, 1975, Hickory, N.C..
Generation No. 9
9. BARRY MATHEW9 ROBINSON (EFFIE CHARLENE8 CRANFORD, EFFIE CHARLOTTE7 TRAVIS, EFFIE MAE6 CANIPE, JOHN FRANKLIN5, DANIEL (DAVID "DUTCH"?)4, CHRISTIAN KNIPE3, CHRISTIAN2, HEINRICH1 KNEIP) was born March 20, 1975 in Hickory, N.C.. He married LINNEA JO KRENZIN June 20, 1998 in Messiah Lutheran Church, Matthews, N.C., daughter of ROGER KRENZIN and REGINA BAUGHMAN. She was born June 09, 1973 in Charlotte, N.C..
More About LINNEA JO KRENZIN:
Grew up overseas: Grew up in Ecuador, Liberia, and Colombia
Child of BARRY ROBINSON and LINNEA KRENZIN is:
i. FUTURE10 ROBINSON.