Date: Article Review # of 4
DEP 3103 Child Development
Current Article Review Sheet
Locate an article related to your approved CAR topic. Read the article. Ensure that the article truly fits with your topic. If you find that it does not fit, choose another article and review it instead. Once you have read an article that appropriately fits with your topic, complete the handout below, and submit it by 3:00 p.m. on the CAR due dates. Review a new article for each due date. Be sure that your article is no more than six years old. After 3:00 p.m., 10 points will be deducted for each day late.
This assignment should be completed in your own words. There should be no direct quotes. Instead, you should paraphrase the material. It is your responsibility to avoid plagiarism while completing this assignment. If you have questions about what constitutes plagiarism, consult the syllabus for this course and the tutorial on plagiarism offered by the UWF library. Use complete sentences when completing this assignment!
1. What is your working CAR topic?
2. In the space below, provide the reference for your article in APA style (6th Edition). If you need assistance, view the examples located on the course blog, consult an APA manual from the library, or visit www.apastyle.com. (It is not recommended that you use a computer program that automatically generates APA style. These programs are often incorrect.)
Answer the remaining questions using complete sentences:
3. What is the primary objective of this study? In other words, what research question was the researcher attempting to answer?
4. a) Provide a summary of the information that was discussed in the literature review section of this article.
b) What information did you learn in the literature review section that helped you to understand the topic of the study better?
5. In your own words, explain how this study was conducted. (What was the sample/who were the participants? AND What were the participants required to do in the study?)
6. What were the results of the study? In other words, what did the researchers find after they conducted the study? Don't worry about misunderstanding some of the finer points of the results. Focus on the "big picture." What did the study find?
7. a) Do you feel that the research question was adequately answered in this study?
b) Why or why not?
8. There is always room for improvement. How do you feel that this study could have been improved?
9. Describe at least one new research idea that you can think of after reading this study.
[FOR CARs 2 through 5 ONLY]
10. If you are reviewing this article, it should be related to your CAR topic. (If it is not, choose a new article and begin again.)
a) Explain how the findings from this research article are similar to the findings from the previous article(s) that you have reviewed on this topic.
b) Explain how the findings from this research article are different from the findings from the previous article(s) that you have reviewed on this topic.