1) What is Ancient Mesopotamia sometimes called?
Cradle of Civilization
Birthplace of Democracy
The New World
The Far East
The Fertile Desert
2) In what current country is most of Ancient Mesopotamia located?
3) What river or rivers were important to the civilizations of Mesopotamia?
Tigris and Euphrates Rivers
Yellow and Yangtze Rivers
Mississippi and Ohio Rivers
4) What was the first human civilization formed?
5) What people were the first to write down and record their system of law?
6) What major invention of the Sumerians had a large impact of the forming of the first civilization?
7) What language was spoken by most of the people throughout the history of Ancient Mesopotamia?
8) Which civilization was known as a warrior society?
9) What form of government was first used by the Sumerians?
A monarchy with a king who ruled a city-state
Democracy with each citizen getting vote
An empire with an emperor ruling the entire land
They had no government
A king of the land with satraps governing
10) What people put an end to the rule of the Assyrians and the Babylonians?