Students will assume the role of an individual who lived during the 1920's. After researching this individual, the student will complete a character sketch (as outlined below). The students will then participate in a role-playing simulation on Thursday, October 2nd..
1. The students may use the Internet to research their role. Students are to use three (3) sources in
completing backgrounds. Websites can be found on the back of this sheet.
2. Character sketch must be 2 ½ pages in length.
3. A bibliography must complete your character sketch.. Use standard form in citing sources.
Your character sketch must include answers to the following questions:
1. For what accomplishments was your character known?
2. Who were contemporaries of your character?
3. How did your "character" get started in his/her chosen field?
4. How did your character represent the era of the "Roaring 1920's"? Back up your arguments with FACTS?
4. Character sketch is due: Monday, September, 29th). Must be submitted before class on Monday on turnitin.com.
During the simulation students are to dress in costume. Students are to prepare business cards so that they can exchange information with each other during the simulation. Use the following questions to write a summary of the simulation. Remember, these questions are a guide… they represent the minimum effort.
1. Find other personalities in your field. What do you have in common with them?
2. With which characters were you most impressed? Explain.
3. Keep a record of this information!
4. Which student dressed in the most authentic costume?
The following websites contain information on the 1920's. Remember that these are not the only sources of information available. If you can't find the information you are seeking... go to the library. You may use the internet but don't overlook books that are written on the "Roaring Twenties".
The Roaring Twenties
6. Harlem Renaissance Women
13. Gallery of the 1920's
14. WWWOmen in History
15. The Lawless Decade
When Flappers Ruled the Earth