As you read through Chapter 17 in your textbook, please complete the following notes/summary outline. Once you have finished, answer the Thesis Statement Questions using the information that you have compiled in your reading. Use the following information as a guide for your summary writing. You may write on this paper. If you need additional space or if you have large handwriting, please attach an additional paper to the assignment.
As you read, take notes to help you answer these questions:
• Who is involved?
• What events, ideas, or people does the author emphasize?
• What are the causes?
• What are the consequences or implications?
5. Establish criteria to determine what is important enough to include in the summary.
6. Evaluate information as you read to determine if it meets your criteria for importance.
Write your summary, which should:
• identify the title, author, and topic in the first sentence