Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid Questions-Day 2 FINAL (!) Worksheet for English 10
1. When Butch and Sundance are standing over the cliff with water below, what does each of the men want to do? What does Sundance reveal to Butch?
2. So, “Who are those guys?” Who hired the posse? What were they hired to do?
3. Why does Etta decide to go to Bolivia? She says she’ll do anything they ask, except…
4. Why do Butch and Sundance decide to “go straight”? What job do they take? What happens? What does Butch reveal to Sundance during the shootout?
5. Why does Etta decide to leave Butch and Sundance? Why do they let her go without any protest?
6. What’s the last place Butch suggests going? What does he plan on teaching Sundance to do?
7. Why does Butch have to be the one to make a run for the bullets? What happens to Butch and Sundance in the end? Explain how the sheriff (the one they ask for amnesty) ends up being right about their fate.
8. Why do you think people love/d Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid? What do people enjoy or admire about outlaws?
9. How do the lives of outlaws in this film compare to Davy’s life as an outlaw? How do these men compare to Davy?
10. What’s similar and different about the ending of this film and the ending of the novel?