Directions: Answer each of the following questions as completely as possible. Be sure to follow correct grammar and spelling.
1. Summarize Ayn’s philosophical perspective.
2. How does Ayn’s philosophy, as outlined in question1, show up in the novel Anthem?
3. Why does the society in which Anthem takes place create transgressions? What purpose do they serve in that society?
4. What is the implication (message) for modern society that we can learn from Anthem?
5. Ayn Rand says she tries to create the “ideal” man in each of her works. Based on Ayn’s own beliefs, how would Prometheus represent this “ideal” man?
6. Why are the names Prometheus and Gaea appropriate for Equality and Liberty at the end of the novel?
7. Why is the word “Ego” an appropriate sacred word at the end of the novel?
8. How does this society obliterate the individual?