Answer the following questions using the internet. Make a PowerPoint Presentation with your answers. Use complete sentences in your PowerPoint.
ALL information being cut and pasted (copied) must have a citing under the photo or after the writings.
Who is the Governor of Texas and what did he do before he became governor? Include a picture of the current governor
What is the date the Texas flag was adopted as the national flag of the Republic of Texas? Beside the date, include a picture of the Texas state flag.
What is the name of the Texas state flower and what other names it is called? Include a picture of the flower.
Copy and paste the full-text description of the "Old Fort McIntosh Historic District" into your document. Beside the description, include a map of the area.
What is the state bird of Texas, and what year was it adopted as the state bird? Include a picture of the bird beside your answer.
Copy and paste the location description of San Jacinto Battleground State Historical Park. Include a picture of the San Jacinto Monument beside this description.
Who is buried at the smallest state park in the United States?
Copy and paste the paragraph on "The Park's History:" of Goliad State Historical Park. Include a picture of "Christmas at Goliad."
On what date did Davy Crockett arrive at the Alamo to defend it from Mexican troops? Include a portrait of him with your answer.
What phone number should you call to arrange a tour of the Lubbock Lake Landmark State Historical Park? With your answer, include a picture of archeological work in progress.
1. Include a sound clip of the song of the state bird of Texas in your document.
2. Just for fun: When is the term "catty whompus" used by a Texan?
1. The Republic of Texas issued a passport to Sam Houston in 1839. According to the passport, where did he intend to travel? List 4 places.
2. In which Texas state park can you tour the Franciscan Mission Espíritu Santo, the site of the largest ranching operation in 18th century Texas?
3. When did Sam Ealy Johnson Jr. and his wife Rebekah Baines Johnson purchase their home in Blanco Country?
4. Which Alamo fighter said “…we will rather die in these ditches than give it up to the enemy"?
5. If you lived in Paris, Texas, who would represent you in the Texas House of Representatives?
6. According to the 2000 Census, what percentage of Texans (25 years and older) had a bachelor’s degree or higher?
7. According to the state, which of the following reptiles and amphibians are endangered in Texas: the Green Sea Turtle, the San Marcos Salamander, the Houston Toad, or the Texas Horned Lizard?
8. Which county is located northeast of Matagorda County?
9. Which Texan promoted the Ten Commandments and Hillbilly Flour in his campaign for governor in the 1930s?
10. What is the subject of Article 4, Section 1 of the Texas Constitution?
11. What was discovered at the Texas archeological site known as Guy Town?
12. Which Texan was elected president of the Texas Woman Suffrage Association four times and became the first Texas woman to run for the United States Senate?