|Anglo-Saxon True or False
1. Some of the Anglo-Saxons came to Britain to find work as soldiers
2. The Anglo-Saxons came to Britain from Germany, Denmark and the Netherlands.
3. The Anglo-Saxons came to Britain on aeroplanes.
4. When the Anglo-Saxons first arrived in Britain they worshipped many gods with names like Woden, Thunor, Frig and Tiw.
True, but they eventually became Christians
5. Most Anglo-Saxons were farmers
6. The Anglo-Saxons had no musical instruments
False, they played string instruments such as a lyre and a harp and pipes or whistles similar to a recorder.
7. The Anglo-Saxons lived in houses made of bricks and mortar.
False, they lived in houses of wood or wattle and daub with thatched roofs
8. The Anglo-Saxons spoke an early type of the English language known as Old English.
9. The Anglo-Saxons played games such as horse-racing, swimming and board games.
10. All Anglo-Saxons could read and write.