|THE ROARING TWENTIES
1. What were three things that made life easier and more comfortable in the 1920s?
2. What did most Americans focus on in the 1920s?
3. There was less emphasis on politics in the 1920s, but it was a time of what two fundamental changes?
ADJUSTING TO PEACE:
4. To what traditional foreign policy did America return after World War I?
5. List four factors that contributed to the temporary economic recession of 1919-1921.
6. Describe the “Red Scare” and what caused it.
7. What caused the Palmer Raids?
8. Describe what happened during the Palmer Raids, including how many suspects were rounded up and how many were deported.
9. Why were Nicola Sacco and Bartolomeo Vanzetti convicted?
10. Why did people think they committed the robbery?
11. Why did most Americans oppose world pressure for their release?
12. What happened to Sacco and Bartolomeo?
13. What do Nativists believe?
14. What caused the increase in nativism following World War I?
15. What led to an increase in racial tensions after the war?
16. What were two ways racism was exhibited in the South?
THREE REPUBLICAN PRESIDENTS:
1. What did the Republican President’s policies of the 1920s favor?
2. What type of policies did they support?
3. What did the Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act do?
4. Who benefited from lower taxes in the ‘20s?
5. What led to increased business mergers in the 20s?
6. Describe the Teapot Dome Scandal.
7. Describe the scandal involving Charles Forbes.
8. How did Calvin Coolidge first become President?
9. What did Coolidge symbolize?
10. What were three things Herbert Hoover did before becoming President?
11. What did he predict if he was elected President during the 1928 election campaign?
USING INFORMATION ON THE POWERPOINT, COMPLETE THE GRAPHIC ORGANIZER:
PRESIDENTIAL POLICIES IN THE 1920S