|Diary of Anne Frank
Discussion Questions Act 2 Scene 1:
1) Approximately how much time has passed between the end of Act One and the beginning of Act Two?
2) How long have the Franks been in hiding?
3) How do the dramatists show the passing of time?
4) Describe one incident that makes evident Mr. DusselÕs disagreeable personality.
5) Describe one incident that makes evident MiepÕs and Mr. KralerÕs generosity
6) Describe one incident that makes evident Mr Van DaanÕs greed.
7) Describe one incident that makes evident Mrs. Van DaanÕs vanity.
8) Describe one incident that makes evident Mr. FrankÕs levelheadedness.
9) What new problem does Mr. Kraler present to the inhabitants of the annex?
10) What solution do the annex inhabitants decide upon?
11) What situation causes Anne to flare up at her mother?
12) How does AnneÕs anger lead to greater intimacy between herself and Peter?
13) What does Anne mean when she says to Peter that in all the time in the annex Òthis is the first time weÕve ever really talkedÓ?
14) How long after the rest of the scene is AnneÕs diary entry written?
15) What do you learn from this diary entry?