|1) What were the Crusades? How do the Crusades start Europeans thinking about Exploration? Explain and give 2 examples.
2) What does the word Renaissance mean? How does the Renaissance further Exploration? Explain and use 4 examples.
3) Why is Roanoke a good topic for History Mysteries? Explain what happened and 3 things that can be learned from their mistakes?
4) Think about the Lessons from Roanoke and Jamestown, how did John Smith learn these lessons? Explain the failures and success of Jamestown
5) What are joint Stock Companies? How do they work? Why did King James I need to start these companies?
6) America was named for what Explorer?
What was most Explorers looking for? What did they find?
7) Who was John Rolfe? How did he contribute to the first successful Colony?
(think: Cash Crop & government)
8) Who was Thomas Dale? What did he write? Why? Would you have lived under this rule?
9) Explain Mercantilism. How did England use this concept with its colonies?
10) What was the Treaty of Tordesillas? What effect does this have on US History?
11) Explain the Enclosure Movement. What population of people does this result in? How does this help colonization?
12) Define the words Discover and Conquer
13) Name 3 things that Native American tribes on the East coast had in common
Name 3 things that were different about Native Culture on the East Coast
14) Define the following aspects of Culture give at least one example of each in America 2009:
15) In your opinion was America discovered or Conquered? Explain and use 3 specific reasons to support your opinion
16) Name 3 things you saw/learned from Colonial House? Was the show worth watching? Why?