1) What was the Federal Reserve Act? What was its purpose and impact?
2) Give a history of the stock market and explain how it functions?
3) Explain the Palmer Raids, Emergency Quota Act, and the National Origins Act and their impact.
4) Explain the difference between a creditor nation and a debtor nation. How and when did the United States change from one to the other? Explain “easy credit” and advertising and how each affected the 1920’s.
5) Explain the actions and administration of Herbert Hoover as President of the United States.
6) Explain the factors that led to the passing of the 16th and 17th amendments to the Constitution. Explain the impact of these amendments on the nation.
Farmers 1) Explain the actions, policies and administration of Warren G Harding as President.
2) Explain the actions, policies and administration of Calvin Coolidge as President.
3) Identify some of the major strikes of 1919, and explain why so many strikes were taking place throughout the nation. Discuss the rise of labor union in this country during this time period.
4) Identify the Dust Bowl and its impact on the nation?
5) Explain the concept of scientific management. Also explain the impact of Henry Ford and the Model T.
6) Identify the Farm Bloc and explain its impact on the nation. What were the problems with the agricultural sector of the economy in the 1920’s and 1930’s? How did mechanization impact agriculture?
Social Critic 1) Explain why the 18th and 21st amendments were passed and what their impact on the nation was.
2) Explain why the 19th and 20th amendments were passed and what their impact on the nation was.
3) Explain the development of radio in the 1920’s and 1930’s. Discuss some of the popular movies and radio shows of the times.
4) Discuss the careers and accomplishments of the following: Jack Dempsey, Bill Tilden and Gertrude Ederle.
5) Discuss the careers and accomplishments of the following: Red Grange, Knute Rockne, The Four Hosreman of Notre Dame.
6) Explain the Scopes Monkey Trial and its impact.
Laborers 1) Identify and relate the significance of the Red Scare. What is the ACLU and how did it come into existence?
2) Give the History of the KKK and describe its impact in the 1920’s.
3) Explain what xenophobia is. Describe the Sacco-Vanzetti Case and its impact.
4) Give a history of aviation from the start to 1939. Focus on Charles Lindbergh.
5) Discuss the careers of: Bobby Jones, Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb.
6) Give a short history of the FBI from the beginning until 1939.
Women 1) Discuss the new morals and trends of the 1920’s and flappers.
2) What were some new opportunities for women in the 1920’s and 1930’s? In what areas did women still face discrimination?
3) Discuss the career and impact of Francis Perkins.
4) Discuss the Career and impact of Al Capone, John Dillinger, Bonnie and Clyde.
5) Discuss the careers and impact of Al Smith, Eugene V. Debs, Thomas R Marshall.
6) Identify and relate the significance of the Grand Ole Opry, The Jazz Singer, Paul Robeson.
Businessmen 1) Describe the infrastructure of the nation and the rise of electricity and petroleum industries and their impact on life.
2) Identify and relate the significance of Welfare Capitalism and John L. Lewis.
3) Discuss the careers and impact of Charlie Chaplin, Cecil B. de Mille, TS Eliot.
4) Discuss the careers and impact of Ernst Hemingway, William Faulkner, Langston Hughes.
5) Discuss the careers and impact of George Gershwin, Louis Armstrong, The Cotton Club.
6) Identify and relate the significance of the Harlem Renaissance.